Footprints?

Last Updated:

1. gospodinwizard

gospodinwizard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I have found a ROM I like alot. It is however missing Footprints which is something I oddly have a need/use for. Any suggestions on how to get Footprints back?

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

3. gospodinwizard

gospodinwizard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did find apk's for HTCFootprints and HTCFootprintsWidget but the download also came with .odex files and I am not sure what to do with those or if they even apply to the Eris. I should, of course, add that I put all the files on the SD card and was unable to get them to install.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I know this is more or less thread necromancy on my part, but figured I would add this just in case someone else is trying to add files missing from a ROM.

I installed xtrSENSE4.0.5 and was pretty disappointed to see that footprints was not installed. I did a fair amount of searching before I found the answer and even after I did, I still had a few issues with FCs. I first pulled the Apks from the latest Evil Eris 4.0 Rom and used adb shell to install them.

The app appeared on my phone, but force closed every time I tried to open it. I then noticed that the icons looked a little different inside the app and pull the apks from the Evil Eris 3.0 Rom. Used the same commands and it works perfectly now. The version you are using must match with the Rom you are using.

I know I am probably telling some what they already know, but just figured I share for anyone looking to add this back in.

bberryhill0 and MoparSarah like this.
  5. MoparSarah

MoparSarah New Member

Is there any other way to put the 2 programs back on XTRSense than using ADB? I am apparently quite the dummy, because even the ADB FOR DUMMIES thread isn't helping me succeed. :eek:

6. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

I need to see this ADB for dummies thread. And perhaps a "forum search for dummies" thread, too... because I can't find it.

7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

8. zach.xtr

zach.xtr Member

All I have seen a number of folks request Footprints again so I have added apk files to xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] [8/20/2010] xtrSENSE4.0.6.1 [apps2sd,oc,jit,flash10]- HTC Sense that you can use...

Hope this helps!

MoparSarah likes this.
  9. MoparSarah

MoparSarah New Member

OH, I'm sorry about that, yes "bberryhill0" put the link I was referring to in there for you just below your post...... I should have mentioned that it was on a different forum, I was not thinking.

Zach, you are awesome!