• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help For all those having problems making calls, entering HOME SCREEN DIALER

labeledbass

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2010
OK, last night and the other day I was having problems calling. I was useing the dialer on the home screen, on the slider menu at the bottom - no dialer app.

Well I attempted to pull that up and to my surprise it keep cycling, "no service, 1ex, 3g, no service", never even saw the dialer pull up. Wifi was off. I could kill some apps and then tried, it "almost" popped up but no success. I've read other threads where people have had the same issue, possibly an app using 1ex or SMS taking priority, or possibly a bunk phone. I don't know. I did try another location and the phone worked fine but this was in my own home, I should be able to make phone calls in my own house...

SO, to those with this problem an easy work-a-round is to simply move the "dialer" app in your app tray to your home screen, this and "voice commands" work every time.

I am willing to go to Verizon and maybe get another phone if this is a problem but I can deal with this work-a-round until they have plenty in stock.

Hopes this helps people, found the post last night but I couldn't this morning so if this is a re post please move/remove.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones