For all those looking for a google voice invite (must read)General

Last Updated:

1. zaCh™

zaCh™ Member This Topic's Starter

I did not have an invite, but I just downloaded the google voice app from the market, went through all the setup and it automagically created a google voice account. Then, I went online to log in and at first it wouldn't let me, but the second time it did. From there, I was able to create a new google voice number and everything. I don't know if it was a fluke, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Let me know if it works for you too.

Advertisement
  2. DataSchmuck

DataSchmuck Active Member

Didn't work for me. It wont get past the "verifying your phone number" dialog after setting up a 4 digit pin. I tried logging in to google voice with my google account, but it just brings me to the google voice help page.

Had you previously sent a request for an invite through the google voice invite page? If so, maybe you finally got it, and didn't realize it, and signing in to google activated it?

I requested mine about a month ago, still no luck.

3. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

i saw earlier they are giving everyone with an email address that ends in .edu a google voice invite within 24 hours, I saw it on droid life, thank me later... lol

4. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

5. zaCh™

zaCh™ Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I had requested one a few weeks back, and after I did this I scoured my inbox for an email saying I had received an invite, and I never found one. I had sent a request for the .edu invite a couple minutes earlier so maybe they approved it, but didn't send me an email. I checked my university email and I couldn't find an invite over there either. Oh well. I'll just count my blessings, I guess.