For all with a problematic Moment, like myself...Support

Last Updated:

1. DoormanIsGod

DoormanIsGod Member This Topic's Starter

Quick and easy fix..... go get a new one. I had every typical symptom: airplane mode, gps sometimes didnt want to work, battery life was 2-4 hours on IDLE. I've read on the sprint community forum that people were having better luck with a moment that came with cl14. I did try the upgrade but i didnt no much for my battery life but it did make the phone a bit more liveable. Anyway, best buy gave me a brand new moment out the box after having a battery replaced and because i was sill complaining. THIS IS A DIFFERENT PHONE. i get 13-14 hours with heavy use! the phone isnt boggy, no airplane mode issues so far and the proximity sensor is leaps and bounds above my last Moment. To say the least, im happy and i suggest that if you are able to, get your device replaced and stop struggling with these annoying issues. I was about to jump to the hero( best busy black tie service is the ish) but i didnt because the sales guy that owns a hero says he loved his phone but it does get boggy.... and i have to admit, as crappy as my last moment was this phone can multitask its azz off without flinching, so best of luck to you all.

Advertisement
  2. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I have a moment also that came with cl14 (old one had cj05 and I got the boot loop). Maybe that's why my battery strength is a little better

3. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

mine came from best buy with cl14 already on it. still have the problems.

4. droid26

droid26 Well-Known Member

same here. updated with cl14 but still have battery issues. sometimes it will last for 65 hours till dead, sometimes 24 hours with the same usage, not much at all.

5. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Looks like quality control in Samsung needs to be tightened. I'm sorry for the consumers who got lemon phones and either have to undergo alot of things, including bring the phone back for a refurbished phone to resolve the problem.

6. DoormanIsGod

DoormanIsGod Member This Topic's Starter

I do think that every manufacturer does this to an extent, look at what microsoft did and is still doing with the xbox!

but on samsung's behalf, why would you put out a device that hardware and software arent completely compatible? then have people suffering without constant updates. This is why HTC is ontop in the market, because they actually do care about their consumer.

7. kzoo

kzoo Well-Known Member

Got my Moment from Sprint in Feb. It came with CL14. I have had almost none of the problems that always seem to be discussed on this forum (knocking on wood)!

I would like more home screens, but can live with the way it is. Waiting for 2.1 to see if it takes advantage of the 800mhz we have available.

8. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

I was running the hacked kernels up until about 3 weeks ago when my end button just suddenly didn't want to put the phone to sleep anymore. No idea why but it wouldn't.

Flashed to CL14 OTW which I was reluctant to do because of everyone talking about problems and it not only installed perfectly but it's like a whole new phone. My data glitches every once in a while but it did that before the update too.

I always charge overnight so the phone doesn't have to last me even 2 days but Fridays I start my day at 4:30am with videos and music at the gym, text and email at work, and then text and talk at night until about 3 in the AM and I've yet to have a problem with it not lasting. It might be running on fumes depending on how much talking I do on it but never has it died on me.

9. vanstrien

vanstrien Member

I got mine with CL14 on it and it was fine for several weeks. Then a couple weeks ago it just went berserk with its connection. A few hours later it was fine. Not so sure that there is much of a difference between older and newer versions.

(DIG, I've played on your fine BF2142 server before... :D)

10. tdub

tdub New Member

*first post*
    At sprint "tech" store now. Yesterday my moment told me "low memory" and drained my battery in about 20 minutes. I un plugged it at 7 am; this was at noon. after a recharged at about 5pm (after work) it got stuck in a boot loop. Have a new phone coming at 4pm. Tech saw nothing. Gotta love samsung and thier wonky relationship woith sprint.

11. gmjlopez

gmjlopez Well-Known Member

My phone goes into airplane mode with heavy data usage. I can't use Pandora or it will go into air plane mode and require a reboot. Should I get a new one or wait for 2.1?

12. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Get a new one...