For all you walk-ins tomorrow, good luck!

Last Updated:

1. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

the RS I did my pre-order has 6 units total... all are pre-ordered, no additional units. They originally only had 4 preordered and were opening at 9, but I got a call today that they will open at 7 and now have 6 pre-orders. Its a small Radio Shack, but who knows. The local Sprint Corporate store said they had 43 units or so total...

Glad I got the pre-order ...

EDIT: Oh and they will only have the InvisiShield's and car chargers as accessories.. really disappointing that I'm forced to buy one of those two things with the $20 for accessories that I was goated into using, especially after realizing that I would get reward points at BB.. oh well...

Advertisement
  2. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

RS is a joke. Sprint corporate stores are getting as many as 200 per store.

3. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

I agree...I bet I can walk into the Sprint store here in my hick town in Va. and get one. I hate my Hometown....

4. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

And another shipment Saturday.

5. Evo_Pimpin

Evo_Pimpin Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone will have issues getting one.

marctronixx likes this.
  6. RoadkillStewie

RoadkillStewie Well-Known Member

local BB said they got just enough to meet first pre-order run, nada mas.

7. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You guys are more optomistic than I am.. Our main store out here, with the Pre, had about 50 units and they sold out in the first hour... and I think this release is a little bigger than the Pre :)

But who knows.. I could be (and hope I am) wrong...

8. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

my store just got bumped from 40 units to 60. i can sleep a little longer :)

9. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

My local store has a hundred units. They said there will be plenty. I'm staying in bed.

10. redenfield

redenfield Active Member

People are NOT going to have a problem getting an EVO tomorrow. After reading these forums for the last week I freaked out as I did not pre-order. I called 4 RS locations as well as visited 2 Sam's Clubs and 2 Sprint corporate stores.

All 4 of the RS called me saying they had extras and would be glad to set an appointment for me to come in tomorrow and pick them up (I am porting 2 lines from ATT). 1 of the Sams Clubs called saying the same thing and 1 of the Sprint corporate stores called saying they could put me down for an 8am appointment.

I decided on a local RS as he said I can come in at 7am and he would get me set up as I have an 8:00 client meeting.

Don't fret people - there will be plenty to go around...

11. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

I agree, should be easy to get one. Just because all of us here are going crazy over it doesnt mean the rest of the US is. We are a VERY small percentage. Most people I have told have no clue what the Evo is at all, probably because most arent on Sprint and the advertisements are nowhere to be found. This is NOT an Apple release or even a Verizon release. Its a Sprint release of a phone most people are put off by because 1) they dont have 4G or even know what that is and 2) lots of people are crying over the extra $10 a month. I think it will be pretty easy to get in a store thats getting more that 8-10 of them.

12. iWallace

iWallace Well-Known Member

i hope so i dont want to wait til the 9th when bestbuys second shipment comes

13. Chad.Mobley11

Chad.Mobley11 Well-Known Member

I am a Best Buy employee and I can tell you that we have received about 65 units for tomorrow's release. RS has three locations in my town and they had close to 250 pre orders. I don't see how RS is a joke. I was in there today as this is where I pre ordered due to Best Buy employees not being able to at BBY and a employee showed me their stash. HUGE.

14. thearch1tect

thearch1tect Active Member

im really surprised by the lack of advertisement by sprint for this phone

15. crunchy

crunchy Member

I'm in Orlando, hook me up with a PM! :D

16. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

There are plenty of EVOs for anyone that wants one. Unlike the Incredible that has amoled supply issues, no such problems for 65k color lcd screens. Not to mention a factory that already choked HD2 supplies to make room for EVO production ;)

17. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Probably dead-on analysis, but will not stop a lot of love the EVO will rightfully receive :)