for anyone having trouble with clockwork

Last Updated:

1. jr_mfn_p

jr_mfn_p Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

this is the only one click i could get to work for my phone. just extract all the contents into a folder and run it. worked first time for me when nothing else would, and trust me i tried everything. i hope this helps some one.
    One Click Root & Recovery for the Epic 4G! v2.4.0 Now has ClockworkMod! - xda-developers

edit: well i may have spoken to soon. i can boot into clockwork but it won't let me use any of the options. anytime i click on one the screen just goes blank. i'll look for a fix. but hey at least i'm in which is a ray of hope.

edit part two: well this is interesting it won't let me boot back to my phone. pulled battery powered on booted straight into clockwork. select reboot system and nothin. any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. jr_mfn_p

should i do a wipe back to stock to fix this?

3. jr_mfn_p

well while this will put clockwork on your phone when you boot into clockwork it's inoperable and will not let you boot back into your phone causing you to have to wipe your phone back to stock. at least that's what i had to do. i'll keep lookin and see if i'm just doin something wrong but that's where i'm at right now

4. PoundSand

PoundSand Well-Known Member

sounds like you're using the wrong button to select an option- use the home button to select (and vol up/down to move).

5. jr_mfn_p

that's what i was doing. it would just show me a blank screen. i would hit the back button and it would take me back to the menu screen, but anytime i would hit an option nothin. plus when i pulled the battery and rebooted it boot right into clockwork and do the same thing

6. mach330

mach330 Well-Known Member

so do we still have to hold down volume down/camera button to get into clockwork? i did this, but it goes to standard sammy recovery unless i hold down the volumedown/camera?

7. jr_mfn_p

ok i feel like a real jackass but you have to use the camera button to select things. so if you had problems loading clockwork try this worked like a charm.

yeah it's vol down, cam, power. just hold em down till it boots into it