For Anyone Who Purchased the Shell Holster Combo From VZWAccessories

Last Updated:

1. RootDaDuck

RootDaDuck Active Member This Topic's Starter

Verizon has issued a technical bulletin for there holster combo. If your Droid Incredible slides out of the holster, you may have the old version, the C0. (last 2 digits of UPC)

A new version of the holster, C1, has been shipped to all VZW stores, which has an overall tighter fit. Let a technician or CSR know and they will gladly swap it out for you.

EDIT: As per user request, I have uploaded the receipt they gave me.

There is a technical bulletin for it. It is located under HTC --> DROID Incredible. My friend who is a flextronics employee, (Verizon wireless tech) told me about it. I came into the store with just my holster and they swapped it right out.

You do NOT need your original receipt or box, just the holster shell combo unit. You have a 90 day limited warranty for the shell holster combo, and since the incredible came out less than 90 days ago, your definitely covered :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
    jaymf, Olrocker, milanij and 4 others like this.
  2. SoCalDave

SoCalDave Member

Thanks for the info. I have the first model that I picked up on release day. I'll get over to VZW and see about a swap. Do you have a copy of the bulletin to show the CSR?

3. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Thanks for the info I will have to check and see if i have the older model.

4. j-money

j-money Well-Known Member

Awesome. If I don't have box or receipt just the actual holster will they swap it out. When did this take effect? Today

5. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

To the OP, do you have any more info on this?? The official bulletin, etc... I believe I have the old holster and my phone definitely slides out easily.

6. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

yeah do you have any official word because i do not want to walk into my verizon store and they say they have no idea about what im talking about

7. kjarrett

kjarrett Well-Known Member

8. AHanks12

Hopefully the OP has some info on this b/c I can't find anything in the wonderful world of Google Search.

9. j-money

nor can i. Damn him for raising my hopes and not providing more info!

10. RootDaDuck

Yes, there is a technical bulletin for it. I asked the Flextronics Employee. It is located under HTC --> DROID Incredible. I came into the store with just my holster and they swapped it right out.

I will scan the receipt and upload it here as soon as I get home.

11. RootDaDuck

OP updated w/ pic

12. j-money

Went to my local store. She new about the Issue but didn't have any in stock. Told me to call csr. I did she is shipping me a new holster combo 2 day shipping. with return label for the old one. All vzw staff very knowledgeable and helpful.

13. tbta02

tbta02 Well-Known Member

just got off the phone with csr and sending me a new one . thanks

14. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Guess I should have kept mine. Oh well.

15. j-money

Got my new holster combo in today, It just has a slightly raised lip at the top of the holster that cups the phone in a little bit more, did a few slide out tests and it does have more retension but not much lol. Cant say for sure but bits on the side seem a bit snugger too.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up on this, original one back in the box with its return label.

16. milanij

milanij Member

Swapped mine out at lunch. Had the receipt, but didn't need it.

New version passes the upside-down shake test and there's a nice "click" when the phone is put in.

Thanks to the OP!

17. AHanks12

I just called VZW and they had no problem swapping out my holster. They didnt need any info from me at all. The whole conversation took about 2 minutes. They said just send the old one back in the box using the prepaid shipping label.

@ the OP......Thanks hor the heads up!!

18. kjarrett

Just called VZW and the rep had no idea what I was talking about, heading to the store later this AM, I'm sure it'll be ok...

-kj-

19. kjarrett

Spoke too soon. Store said they can only exchange with a receipt or if they can find the purchase in their system (i.e., tied to my cell phone number). I got the case as a gift so I'm out of luck. Apparently others are having more success - power to ya! :)

20. AHanks12

That sucks. It couldn't hurt to call VZW customer service again. Just tell the store was going to exchange it for you but they were out of stock. The lady I talked to found a note in her computer about the replacement and the rest was easy peezy. She did ask my phone number but she said nothing about my receipt.

21. Ric WRX

Ric WRX Well-Known Member

I went to a Verizon stor Sat., they knew nothing about and only had old holsters.

22. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Same thing happened to me I talked to the store and even emailed verizon and they said they had no idea what i was talking about

23. RustyNail

RustyNail Well-Known Member

^^
    Same here. I'm going to pull my receipt to see what item number it shows. The ones in the store ended in C1, and the manager said this is the same one that I already have. He claimed that the earlier model didn't have the "grip" that is on the current shell.

Anybody have pictures of both for comparison?

24. AHanks12

I'm pretty sure all of them have had the rubberized grip on them, since it was first released. When I was on the phone with VZW she put me on hold for a brief sec and then came back on and said she found the information in her computer. I'm not sure what she searched for but there is definitely something on their terminal that explains the problem with the old holsters. My new one is supposed to be here this coming Tuesday so I will post comparison pics when I get it.

25. Olrocker

Olrocker Member

Same here