• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For Colorblind People

XXI

Lurker
Feb 13, 2009
Hello, Everyone!
This is a an awesome site! But anyways, here is a great idea for an app for colorblind people like me.
Come up with an app where you can do the following:
Take a picture on the phone or find a picture on the phone. Then, be able to click on a certain area or an object in the picture, where the app would tell you the color of the area. Not only in RGB code but also in the normal words like, red, green, blue, etc.. What would also be cool if it could match a PMS color for you as well.
Thanks to anyone who replies and understands concerns of colorblind people.

I just published an app called "What Color?". Simply move the camera around and it will tell you what color you care looking at. In this mode it gives you the basic color name, RGB, HSV, CMYK, and the HTML code.

There is also a static mode where you can snap a picture or load one from gallery. This gives you more color names (over 1600) and lets you adjust lighting and color settings on the picture. You can zoom in and out and you just touch the spot on the image you want to get color information for.

The app costs $0.99 (sorry, after putting 200+ hours into developing I have to charge something) and it's available on the market right now.

Upvote 0
Hey, I made something better :)

1284650225108.jpg

Check the link below... Please tell your friends!

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/194654-colorblind-designer-enliven-screenshots.html#post1713185

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones