For Downgrading, or putting Stock rom onTips

1. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

I would like to thank joneidy for his great information and posting the files needed.
    If you have 2.2.2 then you need to downgrade, use lgnpst
    The 2.2.1 rom you need from joneidy's unbrick thread
    OPTIMUS M STOCK ROM.7z

Use the update prl tutorial for links and what ever to get everything needed ok. that is located
    http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-m/391622-tutorial-manual-update-3020-prl.html

ok after you have and install LGNPST you will be greated with
    [​IMG]
    Then you need to open the bin the little folder icon and chose the downloaded bin file. looks like
    [​IMG]
    When you get it selected it looks like
    [​IMG]
    Then you need to select the prl, if you want if you don't you will keep the prl you have. but this will be a way to get on the newest one and possibly get some 3g speed.
    [​IMG]
    Then after all that you will see

[​IMG]

Now just press start, and do not unplug until the process is at 100%.
    Also have a battery that has 40% or more of a charge, makes things less likely to go wrong.

Advertisement
    JEFII, aletheus, nemo510 and 6 others like this.
  2. DaniellieeE

DaniellieeE Well-Known Member

Just want to make sure - is this applicable also for 2.2.1 for recovering stock ROM? :) thanks
  3. new optimus

yes it is, the bin file that is downloaded is stock unrooted 2.2.1
    Misleadb4 likes this.
  4. DaniellieeE

DaniellieeE Well-Known Member

Thanks so much - great tutorial - want to bookmark this in case for future reference if needed ;)
  5. stitan

stitan Well-Known Member

im getting " input spc of your phone " and HRESULT==0x80020009 Exception occurred when i try to register the dll.

does anyone know what is going on. im on win 7 64bit.

( i got the hresult error to go away by running compatibility xp on the dll, to do this just right click the file and chose compatibility xp.)
  6. new optimus

you need your spc, you can get it from android - whiterabbit.org
    vigos and stitan like this.
  7. stitan

stitan Well-Known Member

thanks. back to 2.2.1 :)
  8. lynx209

lynx209 Member

doing this process does this make your service disabled or no
  9. stitan

stitan Well-Known Member

if you mean while its flashing the phone then yes, but it only takes about 10 minuets at the most and your back to stock 2.2.1 with no problems at all.
  10. new optimus

if you mean like the original way to root the phone? No it does not.
  11. CuChO

CuChO Member

just one question did the phone will lose signal from metro pcs how was the other way to downgrading ???cause im on 2.2.2 , and im not use to adb shell comand yet =[
  12. vigos

vigos Member

It worked perfectly. Now to root, install recovery, flash new rom :)
  13. new optimus

I am unsure of what your asking?

Using this way will not lose signal from metropcs, The other way to downgrade? I am not aware of any other ways.
    This method does not use adb shell.

You want to root 2.2.1 after you downgrade you use gingerbreak.apk which is as simple as installing it on your phone, same as you install anything, then press root phone.

thats it.

Now if you want custom recovery that uses adb shell to put on. but at no time will you lose metro service with this method.

The way metro service is lost is if you unplug phone during its processing, that can screw up your esn and your phone number.:eek:
  14. CuChO

CuChO Member

ok thanks i just mean to downgradingto 2.2.1 not custom room =] thanks
  15. CuChO

CuChO Member

thanks New Optimus the phone says is back to 2.2.1 now lets go root again and get blootware off the phone :p ,i was getting mad cause metro easy wifi has stored 8Mb of data on the phone
  16. new optimus

oh I understand completely.
  17. What is the point to downgrade without flashing a new rom? Metros 2.2.2 update actually stopped the random reboots... Gingerbreak now works with 2.2.2... so whats the point?
  18. new optimus

most people are not getting gingerbreak to work with 2.2.2
    the ones I have talked to say gingerbreak runs 7-10 mins with no affect.
  19. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

I followed this guide and am back where i started with no service and everything is unknown. Maybe i cant downgrade....
  20. new optimus

I think we can you may just have used the wrong bin file, happened to recreation as well, got him up and running with minimum problems.
  21. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

Thanks again for the help! Went w the sense rom and am happy so far!
  22. compaq1847

compaq1847 New Member

how long does it usualy takes to do the prosess, because it been 20 min and it says sub progessing the stattus is on standby ..... nothing is happening help!!!
  23. compaq1847

compaq1847 New Member

i get an error mesage when i try to roggie the ms690.dll help!!!!!
  24. new optimus

you need to have admin rights
    or better yet turn off user account control:D
  25. GTOgirl

GTOgirl Well-Known Member

Don't laugh if I sound like a total noob, but after I mistakenly downloaded the update off the Metro site (and lost perfectly good root) I tried to downgrade my Optimus M with the files/method in this thread. I got to the part where I had to input my SPC, did that, and then I got an error in a .dll file.

Here is the exact error message I got:

ERROR: Unable to load [LGNPST_Utility5.dll] Component Path = Version = HR = 0x80040154

How could I get around that? I even turned off user account control as the last poster suggested.