For former Evo owners: Tell us about the 4g radio comparisionGeneral

1. Captain Sexy

Captain Sexy Well-Known Member

This may seem like an odd question, but I went to sprint to check out the photon, and liked it. But I turned on the 4g ant and had great reception. NO surprise of course in the store. But turned my evo on to compare and had no signal. So I'm wondering if anybody can comment on if somehow motorola has better 4g reception?

Thanks,

Advertisement
    :
  2. JackG058

JackG058 Well-Known Member

4G seems equal to or a little less than my EVO4G. I can't stay connected to 4G for very long. But my area has always been a little iffy. It certainly isn't better than the EVO 4G, at least what I'm seeing thus far.
  3. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

hmmm I guess it depends on where one is, but I have a better signal than on my EVO 4G in terms of staying connected with 4G.

TS out
  4. Glod

Glod Active Member

I dont have any quantitave proof to give but I feel the 4G performance is better than the EVO 4G both in signal and speed.

I get 4-5Mbit indoors on a first floor apartment which was impossible in the EVO for me.

However, even if the signal sucked on the EVO, CM7 on the EVO brought speeds I havent seen yet on this photon because it was in Atlanta (Dunwoody) so i cant test it out since i am in Virginia. I hit 10Mbit there.