• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For former Evo owners: Tell us about the 4g radio comparision

Captain Sexy

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2010
This may seem like an odd question, but I went to sprint to check out the photon, and liked it. But I turned on the 4g ant and had great reception. NO surprise of course in the store. But turned my evo on to compare and had no signal. So I'm wondering if anybody can comment on if somehow motorola has better 4g reception?

Thanks,

I dont have any quantitave proof to give but I feel the 4G performance is better than the EVO 4G both in signal and speed.

I get 4-5Mbit indoors on a first floor apartment which was impossible in the EVO for me.

However, even if the signal sucked on the EVO, CM7 on the EVO brought speeds I havent seen yet on this photon because it was in Atlanta (Dunwoody) so i cant test it out since i am in Virginia. I hit 10Mbit there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones