For golfers..General

Last Updated:

1. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have used the app golfcard for a couple of rounds now and it is an awesome app. Does everything you could want it to do but hit the shot for you. Very easy layout and keeps every stat you could imagine if you input the data.

Advertisement
  2. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

i purchased last night and will use it on my golf trip this coming week. it looked awesome and the price isnt bad either! glad to hear some positive reviews for it

3. golfinglenn

Play with it a little first so you get the hang of it, especially marking the ball each time if you want to get your shot distances. I used it all day for that since I just got new clubs. I am going to suggest that they include a way to pick what club you used and record the yardage so you get an email print out. Heck, it might already do that just haven't figured it out yet lol.

4. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'm a huge golfer so I'll try it out tomorrow. :D

5. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

You sold me. Just bought it. I had SkyDroid as well but haven't tried it yet.

6. GAUG3

GAUG3 Well-Known Member

SWEET!!!! Good find!

7. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member

I'll try it out, thanks.

8. nyjetsfan28

nyjetsfan28 Well-Known Member

Skydroid is great. I've used it a few times with great results so far. Well worth a buck.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

9. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

It seemed ok, but this one is far more sophisticated. And not only that, another advantage of golfcard is that all the courses that I looked up besides one were already in the database. On Skydroid, most likely you will have to map them yourself.

10. golfinglenn

I emailed skycard about choosing what club you are hitting each time you mark your ball so you can get an accurate distance for each club in your bag. Got an email back within a couple of hours that stated version 2.0 will have exactly that, so you can keep track of distances. Perfect for those new clubs or trying different balls.

Also keeps track of any side bet games you got going lol. Just set it up before the round and it tells you who owes who at the end :).

Oh yea, in case you were wondering, leaving the gps on and turning off the screen after you enter data will easily get you through a full round. I have the 1500 mah battery and still had 50% left after todays round. That was with screen at 100% so you could see it in the sunlight. You can also email the results. Says it will soon show up like a scorecard, but that feature isn't available quite yet, just all the stats.

11. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member

I just purchaed it and it looks like it will be pretty cool. Just initially being able to bring up my home course was kinda fun; I wonder if that was my group walking around on the first hole. I did see a figure entering the woods so that was probably me.

Heading down to Florida soon so it will be nice to get a look at the course before getting started.

12. atakin77

atakin77 Well-Known Member

Golfcard is a fantastic app, no doubt the best $9 or $10 I have spent so far in the Android Market. I played in Hilton Head and was chuckling to myself when the guy I played with whipped out a GPS that cost him $200 and did not have any overheads or anything of the course.

I would give it 6 stars on a scale 5 if it would improve my swing...