For New Evo Transfers or New Lines

Last Updated:

1. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have heard it mentioned several times that if you have Sprint, you should at least have the credit union discount. (10%)

Actually, you should at least have the Employee Referral Discount of 15%. A vice-president of Sprint has, since 2008, provided his email and last three digits of his employee number to anyone who wants them. This means that you can get a 15% discount off of your Sprint plan. :)

Here is his info:

My e-mail address (you

Advertisement
  2. m109rider

m109rider Member

Question: I'm not on sprint at the moment. Getting an evo on Fri to try sprint service for 30 days on an individual plan. I will use the 15% referral program discount. Say I like sprint and want to stay and switch my individual plan to a family plan for the wifey after the 30 days, am I still going to get the 15% referral discount on the new plan?

3. illmatic24

illmatic24 New Member

I'm going to be a new Sprint customer as well.

So to get the Employee Referral Discount, you have to buy the Evo at a Sprint store and you have to get the Employee Referral Discount applied by them when they first activate your new line? You can't do it online from home or after buying the Evo at another store?

4. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, you will get the discount for each line of service in the future. Also, if you already had service and added a new line, the discount would apply to your earlier lines. I have heard that the 15% discount does not apply to the $10 Evo tax. That is not certain, however.

You can get the discount applied at ANY Sprint owned outlet. Thus, you can get the discount from online, telesales or a Sprint store. You cannot get the Employee Referral discount from any non-Sprint place however. E.g., no Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, etc., and no Sprint independent store. (It is sometimes hard to tell the Sprint independent stores because they look the same at times.)

You are correct, you CANNOT get an Employee Referral discount once you have added a line or started new service. It MUST be done at the same time and ONLY at a Sprint outlet.

AND NOTE: For the future, you must always use a Sprint outlet for your upgrades. (I guess once you are in the discount family, you have to use Sprint for your upgrades also.) This will limit your choices as far as getting rebates waived and prices discounted below the Sprint retail sales price. However, if you are not getting a discount through your company affiliation, it will be worth the imposition. Also, if you should in the future find your company affiliation has a bigger discount, you can always switch the discount to your company. (For instance, I hear it rumored that the biggest discount goes to UPS employees and it exceeds something like 28%.)

5. m109rider

m109rider Member

Is anyone taking advantage of this discount or is it not worth it? Is there something in the fine print that doesn't make it a good deal for new customers?

6. bwillie007

bwillie007 Well-Known Member

So I have SERO right now, can't I just add a new line under this employee referral thing and then cancel my contract after? It'll save me $10 a month for two years. I already have the 15% thru my employer...don't know how people get 20-28% discounts.