1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

For refugees from the Pre/Pixi - Have you found a similar Notepad??

1. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

Have any of you guys who came over to the Evo from the Pre seen a notes app with a similar interface to the notepad on the Pre? I really liked the look and simplicity of it.

What I do not wanna end up doing, though, is wasting an entire page with a buncha freefloating sticky note type things that I've seen on some people's screens. I want a sticky note type screen, but one that goes away when I close the app.

I hope this makes sense.

The closest I've come so far visually is "Melon" but the interface is horrible and there are some other pretty key problems.

Also, please note that I am not looking for general recommendations for notes apps, so if you don't know exactly what I mean when I talk about the one on the Pre I'd prefer if you discussed it in another thread, thanks! :)

Advertisement
  2. bamaster

bamaster Well-Known Member

There are a few threads on note type apps. I use ColorNote. It's not the same as the one on the Pre, but it does the job just as well.
  3. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

Thats just a widget, its not the real note app, nor do you have to add a widget to your screen. I just do as a reminder, at a glance

ColorNote works just fine for me,
    its just not as pretty as palms notes
  4. Using gdoc notes with sync. Would pay 50 bucks for it. Allows you to use 1 gmail account and sycn the notes to any phone. Just love it.
  5. wubbie075

To clarify, I do like the little post-it widgets, I just don't want them to be placed on one of the homepages. I'd like that to be the interface of the notes app itself.

I really loved having what are essentially thumbnails of my notes. And, more important than the aesthetics, I really want the ability to rearrange them by simply dragging them around the application screen.

Unless I'm missing something (and it is entirely possible that I am...), this functionality does not exist in ColorNote. When I tried it before it did not look anything like what I wanted, but I'll give it another shot based on the rec's here.

EDIT: OK, after trying ColorNote again, and going a little deeper into the settings, I guess this is gonna be as close as it gets for now. Thanks for pointing me back in that direction.
  6. dave31175

dave31175 Well-Known Member

Is this in the Market? I couldn't find it.
  7. wubbie075

search for "google notes" and you'll find it.
    dave31175 likes this.
  8. dave31175

dave31175 Well-Known Member

Found it! Will give it a try