• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help For the 2 people besides myself with a G9, ICS is coming!

On another forum, I'm seeing a lot of reports of problems with the ICS firmware upgrade. The most persistent issue seems to be GPS problems followed by poor signal strength and WPA issues.
As I am totally inept at troubleshooting and always make things worse, I think I will leave ICS alone for the time being and wait for these issues to be sorted out.

Upvote 0
To the poster above talking about ics problems. A full format resolves this issues.

I did reboot the tablet and it never solved the problem. The game where it was most noticeable was Tank Recon 3D where by pressing the fire button on the right hand side of the screen would make the tank turn right rather than fire.

Even on Honeycomb there was a bug, where by playing the game for several minutes the screen didn't respond well and you you'd have to take all your fingers off the screen momentary in order to get it to respond properly again. The latest update has sorted all these issues out and it is now running sweet. :):D:):D

Have not been able to find any other bugs. My suggestion to others - update to the latest version now, it's the best one so far!

Upvote 0
Ive had mine a week and its great! ICS upgraded as soon as I switched it on, its fast and sI can store a lot more films for when Im night shift.mooth, everthing a tablet should be, down side is I had to find the codecs for the film player, (why does it not come with the app?) and with my 32gb flash drive in the 3g slot

Mine came with a movie player app. I even tested it with a movie that I have on hand and it played well. I forget the type of extension that it is (maybe *.m4v or something like that).

Upvote 0
Well I'm new at posting and new with tablets and would appreciate any assistance the forum members could provide. Just purchased my G9 and tried to update to ICS (even though I don't know anything about the current firmware or its new replacement). Anyway, the first two times I downloaded it I received a vague error message that it did not install correctly. The third attempt, about thirty minutes elapsed and it was only 32% complete and I cancelled the download. I'll try again tomorrow, but wondered if anybody else had these issues and if it's really much of an improvement anyway? Why does it prompt to plug in the USB cable before it proceeds to install? Does the other end go into a computer or power?

Also, I downloaded some photos from my computer--but they only show up as thumbnails. If I double click on them the screen returns to the settings page. How can I see the images full screen? Do I need to download an app to see full screen images?

Also, there under settings>storage>pictures,videos>files>manuals there are 9 files. One of them is A80G9_en which I assume is the english user manual. How do I read this file? I've clicked, double clicked, rested my finger--nothing seems to open the file. Any suggestions?

I think this is going to be a steep learning curve for me.

Thanks

Upvote 0
First, if you are having any difficulty downloading and installing ICS then try getting it from the Archos site, downloading to your computer and then installing from there. The Archos site tells you how.

For photos you should already have an app to view called Photo Frame. You can fiddle with the settings by tapping the screen and then choosing the settings button bottom right. Otherwise you might download the free Slideshow Bob.

For the manual you already have the necessary app but do not try and access it directly though the file app. Click the 6 dots top right of your screen, scroll through your apps until you find User Manual and press that.

Enjoy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones