For those complaining about apps not working....

Last Updated:

1. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I see threads about apps not working and that it is sluggish since the Froyo update. We have to realize that developers have to update their apps for Froyo. Some people saying third party browsers aren't as smooth. Again they have to update their app for the uniqueness of EVO. We have to realize that the EVO has HTC sense and its tricky to develop around. Have patience.

Advertisement
  2. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member

Exactly!!! I have found a few bugs here and there, but they are generally in applications I had prior to installing Froyo. The bugs will be fixed.

3. gameday26

gameday26 Well-Known Member

you should wait until you can get the google thing that lets you create your own app, its only in the beta phase right now tho

4. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted so people can understand that all apps aren't exactly ready for the Froyo 2.2 interface. We as users need to understand that developers are getting their apps ready for 2.2. We also have to realize that the EVO has its own version of Froyo interlaced with HTC Sense. We have to be patient while developers update their apps. Of course there are going to be hiccups and bugs when going to a newer version of an OS. This is normal as most apps pc bound or mobile have updates pushed to make them work properly. Please have patience while we wait. Froyo was officially release Monday evening and its only Thursday.

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

If you are experiencing a broken app, don't jump to conclusions, such as the app isn't ready for 2.2. Most apps run fine on either. The problem is usually resolved if you uninstall and reinstall the app. Could be some orphaned data causing the problem.

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications. Go to the problem app, clear the data first, then uninstall. then reinstall. More likely than not, it will work again.

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Can you explain why that would help?

7. hendodo

hendodo Well-Known Member

no excuse...should of been ready

8. Dave DFW

Dave DFW Member

I noticed a lot of updates prior to the 2.2 release, so I think most devs were on the ball and have a lot of pride in releasing bug free code. I also think it's a fact of life that different phones running 2.2 with / without sense require different tweaks - Life in the open world of Andriod, the alternative being the regimented world of the iPhone.

I personally like sense, but would like to see it made redundant by a superb implementation of gingerbread.

9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Novox77 is exactly correct - things can tangled and it's usually not difficult to square away. You can clear out each app or each offending app, or you can nail them all and be assured things will work as best possible:

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/141369-how-fix-froyo.html