For Those Getting EVO @ Sprint Store on Friday

Last Updated:

1. HeyEng

HeyEng Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So for those of you that will be going to Sprint to wait in line, how early do you plan on going? I have never stood in line for something like this, but I will be traveling for a while and REALLY want to get it before I leave on Saturday morning. Myself, I am thinking about 5 in the AM...is this crazy or a good plan?

Advertisement
  2. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

I was in line at 5:00 in the morning the day the BlackBerry Storm came out on Verizon... NEVER AGAIN... they had 250 Storm's at my location and maybe 20 people at 7:00 when they opened. The only nice part about freezing my butt off for 2 hours was that I did get helped before the 11th person in line... lol

I'll be there about 7:45 this time... If the line is too long, I'll hit it in the evening. I think there's going to be plenty of them around.

marctronixx likes this.
  3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Our stores here in Tally have plenty to go around for at least a good 2-3 days after release, supposedly. This info is also from the people who had no idea about the CL14 update after it was released for the Moment, when I had it. So of course, you KNOW it HAS to be accurate.

4. HeyEng

One of the stores here are saying they have 40 and another one won't fess up the quantity they will have on hand. I am a bit paranoid, so I guess I will go early. If there is no line...well, might hit the IHOP across the street. ;)

5. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

my sprint location is opening at 8 am, i'll be there at 7 as they've confirmed at least 13 people saying they'll be there between 7:30-8 - i wanna be the first in my town

6. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

my store opens at 8. they are getting 40 and they said first come first serve. i am skipping school and getting there at 7 :D

7. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

I don't know about you but I would imagine that San Antonio is a huge market for the evo and 4g in general, so you may be a bit surprised:eek:

8. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Maybe 6 or 630am

9. flip603

flip603 Well-Known Member

nyc-730

10. maddog

maddog New Member

am get my evo at 6am ya now what at RS

11. septro

septro Well-Known Member

Stores open here in Columbus at 8.. I'll be there around 7:15ish so I can be first and get to work right afterwards

12. HeyEng

I have given some consideration to the San Antonio/G4 market. I know when Clear came to town, there was quite the stir. I am not sure how many subscribers there are, but I imagine it's pretty good. So, I think I am still going to aim for 0500-0530. Yeah...it's kinda early, but better safe than sorry. Perhaps I will be the 1st one in line! Not only to mention that Thursday is last day of school...so could be LOTS of kids getting new toys!

13. suge white

suge white Member

730...with dunkin donuts coffee in hand. Dont cut or......lol

14. HeyEng

730...hell, I will have had breakfast, first lunch and probably a light snack before then! :D

15. Joppie

Joppie Well-Known Member

Damn that... The RS by my house said a group of ladies planned on camping out a "few" hours early for the phone. They open at 6. Daddy's day is around the corner and bratty kids want the new bling. I'll beat those cows to the door I guarantee ya! If I get there too early, the toothless staff at the Waffle House will keep me company for a while, I'm sure.

16. travisr528

travisr528 Well-Known Member

My Sprint store is opening up regular time at 8am, I will be there around 7:00am should not to busy.

marctronixx likes this.
  17. HeyEng

Damn! Wish I had a WH close by. Stupid San Antonio, no WH for 100's of miles! I could hang out and chow down on my double quarter cheese plate!

18. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Planning on getting there at least an hour early, maybe a bit earlier if I get out of bed early enough. I am just hoping there are at lest a few other folks there too. Will be fun to hang with other tech heads that hour. And I still have my Hero to help me pass the time.

But honestly?? I figure I could roll into the Sprint store at 10:00 AM and still get my two Evos. But still want to get there early. Just part of my fun and excitement.

jgangsta and marctronixx like this.
  19. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

I hope everyone at the store I am going to is doing what you guys are and getting there only an hour early. It opens at 8am, I will be there around 4:30am :)

20. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

do we know if the Sprint stores are opening early or as regularly scheduled?

I get off work at 730am and would like to drop by to pick one up (off contract).

21. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

Most are opening an hour or two early.

22. lopezpm

lopezpm Well-Known Member

Got one reserved at RS, but have to be there between 6-6:30.

23. jjon729

jjon729 Member

Apparently Friday is "donut day" at Dunkin Donuts. Free doughnut with the purchase of a drink. Good for some breakfast while we wait in line :)

24. avengence

avengence Well-Known Member

I am going to get there at 6:15 or so. Going to wait in line with my sister in-law. Should be fun, hopefully we can get some phones.

I live in a fairly small town but the sprint employee said he expects a long line when they open. We will see...

25. TeamPEZ

TeamPEZ Well-Known Member

I will be at the one in Marietta, GA at 5:45am with breakfast for the manager and her staff (I've already got their orders.) Hey - it's the least I could do to show my appreciation. Yes, I know, they were told they had to open that early, but like I tell my students - "It's good to be nice to one another."