• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help For those having problems connecting to WIFI

Acerman

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
New to the site. Don't know if this has been posted before but if it hasn't, it may help someone else. If you are having a problem connecting your Acer A100 to wifi you may want to check this out. If you have any lower case L in your router password please remove it. The reason is that due to Androids great wisdom they place a number 1 in place of the lower case L. If you watch it when you are entering your password you will see that it comes up as a number 1.This happens not only in my Acer but my son's as well. This only happens as far as I know when you are entering a password in the password box. Other boxes seem to be ok when entering a lower case L. Acer help told me that this was normal. You figure that one out.

Reactions: retrorom
I dont have a L 1 issue with mine ..... I have tried with my wireless network to connect my new A100 to it and the router sees it but all I get on the device is Aquiring IP Address and it just keeps recycling every so often any ideas? Tried changing the Security from WEP to NONE and still same issue.

Upvote 0
I've had the same wifi connectivity problem as many of you. I am stuck in the connecting-authenticating-disconnecting loop. I actually did send my tablet in to Acer and was appalled that it came back stating "no trouble". I've tried all the fixes I have been able to find online and nothing works. I don't have any issues with any other wireless computers connecting to my router. The tablet worked just fine for one month after purchasing and then stopped connecting to wifi. Anyone have any other ideas?

Upvote 0
I've jus recently been experiencing trouble connecting to Wi Fiwith both my Acer A100 and my Galaxy S2. My netbook was showing EXCELLENT signal strength and locked on immediately. But the Tablet and Phone kept saying POOR signal or NETWORK DISCONNECTED.

Double checked my password. Disconnected, "FORGET" network, changed the band frequency connection from Auto to 2.4.GHz and that worked for the phone, but not the tablet.

In the end I turned off both devices as well as the router. Turned router back on and then each device. Input passcode and voila! Connected! Hope it doesn't happen often.

Upvote 0
New to the site. Don't know if this has been posted before but if it hasn't, it may help someone else. If you are having a problem connecting your Acer A100 to wifi you may want to check this out. If you have any lower case L in your router password please remove it. The reason is that due to Androids great wisdom they place a number 1 in place of the lower case L. If you watch it when you are entering your password you will see that it comes up as a number 1.This happens not only in my Acer but my son's as well. This only happens as far as I know when you are entering a password in the password box. Other boxes seem to be ok when entering a lower case L. Acer help told me that this was normal. You figure that one out.

Today I returned from work, I've been away for two weeks, and I find my a100 not sending a video to my tv through the HDMI. I attempted to update the android OS and find that even with a "excellent" connection it tells me the "network connection is poor move to another location". Is this a output/hardware issue or is it a software/setting issue? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones