For those not using SenseGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jxnrxy

jxnrxy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What calendar, bookmarks, and music widgets are you using? (if any) i'm using Helix Launcher and struggling to find widgets for my home screen that I like! So i'm reaching out to the community...HELP!!!:D

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

i dont use calander or bookmarks :(
    but im pretty satisfied with the stock music widget. if you want to try something different though try the cubed music app

[​IMG]

scan that and it will download. the picture itself is not a link-dont click-

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Calwidget. I use the 4x4 size that fills the entire screen. Colors are completely customizable.

4. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

For bookmarks, I use "Live Bookmarks". It's free and it creates a folder that you just click and it lists all of your bookmarks.

For calendar, I have "Smooth Calendar". That lists your next 3 appointments as well as today's date. You can press it to open up the calendar. Sometimes I use "S2 calendar widget" if i feel like putting a 2x1 calendar on the screen that shows the whole month.

I don't use a music widget...I just open up the stock music player or 3 (cubed) player. Cubed is great and even my iPhone friends get envious when they see it.

5. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

beautiful widgets is amazing but quick question, even if you don't use sense doesn't it still use at least 6mb of ram?

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I use Pure Calendar widget for my calendar (I also use it on Sense UI because the HTC Calendar widget is messed up, displaying all day events a day too early, and it shows only one event.) I don't use music or bookmark widgets. For bookmarks, I have a bookmarks folder and I just add icons for a few of them that I check most often.

7. jxnrxy

jxnrxy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

doesn't beautiful widgets only have the toggle widgets like wifi, vibrate, airplane etc. and the weather/clock widget?

i need a calender, bookmark, and music widget...i can't use the HTC widgets when using Helix Launcher

8. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

Well, I looked at my Sense UI's seven screens and I had nothing on one. On the second, I had the full screen Bookmark widget which I didn't use that much. On the third, I had the Peep widget which I did use. On the 4th I had the toggle widgets which I used, and the People widget which I never really used at all. So, the Peep widget was really the only Sense UI widget I was actively using. I did have one Sense homescreen with the Music Widget and Pandora Widget, but since I've been using the Tasker app (in beta still) which performs a Profile task to auto-launch a menu of Music apps when it senses a headphone connected which I then just select the media app I want, I just never used those media widgets anymore.

So, until the 2.1 official upgrade comes out, I am now experimenting using the default Android Home launcher with just three homescreens (to see if its really faster) along with Beautiful Widgets ($$) since I like its 1x4 clock/weather widget over the Sense 2x4 clock/weather widget and it comes with the toggle widgets I use, but it doesn't launch the calendar when I select the date probably due to the Sense UI calendar being native. The other widgets I use are Android Agenda widget and the gTasks widget.

9. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

And one would find this where?

10. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

11. Kutanks

Kutanks Well-Known Member

On 2.1 the stock music widget works well, it doesn't display album art though. If you use mixzhing, those widgets are pretty nice