• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those of you having GPS problems

radi0chik

Jul 14, 2010
Dallas, TX
I originally didn't think I had GPS issues. The first time I fired up the maps, they worked fine, and I got a lock in a few seconds. Then Wednesday I opened maps for something and couldn't get a lock outside. So I did the "fix". I went back outside. It worked. Or so I thought. Yesterday, I lost it again. I had it outside for an hour and it kept blinking - it wouldn't lock. Today, it locked fine this morning, and wouldn't lock at noon.

So here's my question: Anyone have their GPS EVER work? Mine seems to be an intermittent problem but I don't know what makes it break or how to fix it. I'm just looking for a pattern here. Thanks for reading!

Mine originally worked too and now it does not. I performed the various fix recommendations which also did not work. In fact I do not even have the flashing satellite icon on the top row.

I went to the AT&T store where I bought my phone. The store looked at my settings and did not recommend any changes. He was following the recommendations on his computer in the store. He did say according to his system, that Samsung is aware of the issue and is working on fix. Of course there was no timing. As it is a problem on the Galaxy S phones on multiple carriers, it was clear it was not an AT&T issue.

I suppose we now wait for Samsung unless someone comes up with a fix that really works across all phones.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input. You helped answer my question of whether the problem seemed intermittent or whether "once it went bad" it stayed that way. I spent 10 minutes outside just now going into and out of google maps. It took roughly 20 seconds to lock, but it did so every time (probably 6 or 7 times). Go figure! :) I'll just be patient

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones