For those of you tired of having to slide to unlock!

Last Updated:

1. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I think more people will see this in the Droid forum than in the software forum, plus, it's a major complaint among Droid users that they have to press that unlock button, and THEN still slide to unlock.

Here's the app (myLock for Android):

myLock for android

It's pretty awesome. Uncheck run in foreground mode if you don't want the icon in the notification bar.

It also forgoes the slider if you slide open your keyboard. Notice that if your keyboard is a bit loose, this could cause it to unlock in your pocket.

Advertisement
  2. RazrVin

RazrVin Member

Wow, great find! I downloaded it and installed it and it seems to be working just great! Thanks a lot for sharing, this will definitely save me some time and from a lot of frustration haha :D

3. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

THanks for the tip, works nicely.

4. tjrocks91

tjrocks91 Active Member

wow thanks!!

5. Punkinhead

Punkinhead Member

What I like about it is that the Droid doesn't get woken up if you press the volume or camera keys - that behaviour is what made me uninstall ScreenModeWidget. Well, that and the fact that it only worked sporadically.

6. tebower

tebower Well-Known Member

Searched for myLock and myLock for Android. Market found nothing. ??

Edit: Oh, is this just available direct from the Dev?

7. zandroid

It is not in the market. You need to go to the link in the original post and download onto your phone, and install via program such as Astro.

8. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

it seems really buggy and didnt work half the time for me. eventually crashed......uninstalled

but nice find! hopefully newer versions will be a bit more polished.

9. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm a bit picky, it does work but it still shows the lockscreen for a second or two and sometimes loads the homescreen in bits and pieces. If it gets cleaned up maybe I'll use it but for now its not seamless enough for me. I do like the idea, and like I said, it does work.

10. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, it seems like it just autoswipes for you, so you still see the screen for a while. However, it's never taken long for me. Not even a second, more like a quarter or half a second, so it's not too big a deal for me.

I don't know why it takes longer for you guys. Maybe you have some very memory intensive widgets? But I have 5 homescreens with plenty of widgets too, so I don't know what could be causing the problems.

Anyways, for me this app is working great. I think it's the best we can do for now, since the slide unlock is a part of the actual OS, it will probably require a custom ROM to entirely remove the screen.

11. Chiups

Chiups Well-Known Member

Works like a charm, great find! Thanks.

12. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Great find, Fab!

13. zandroid

Had to uninstall.. too buggy and laggy, and had a lot of FC's. Maybe next time.

14. digitalscorpion

digitalscorpion Active Member

correct me if im wrong, the word "lock" means something right? With this app, if u lose ur droid, ur "lock" is useless to keep someone outta the phone, no? I'll stick with the few extra seconds of unlocking. Useful for some i suppose.

15. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

16. Jerm13

Jerm13 Well-Known Member

Yey!
    This has replaced ScreenModeWidget for me. That became entirely unreliable for some reason...

There is much room for improvement though.
    Really wish there was an all-in-one app for complete unlock control-
    Which buttons wake it up, whether swipe is needed or not, whether code is needed or not, customizable sleep time before code requirement activates, etc.

17. travva

travva Well-Known Member

my question with this is, how does one answer a call if a call comes while their phone is "locked" using this app?

18. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

i don't know how anyone can not like the slider...it's a great feature.

19. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

For those of us used to WinMo phones, the whole slider thing seems like an extra unnecessary step. We're used to just hitting the power button and going to work. That's why this app is desirable. The only time I'd want the slider to be active is during an incoming phonecall.

I'd like to know what happens when a phone call comes in. Can someone test this out and report back, please?

20. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

What about those who pattern-lock their phones? I'd like the ability to toggle on/off the pattern-lock feature via a widget. ScreenModeWidget was on the right track, but it was too flakey!

21. godfatherip

godfatherip Member

There is an app called keyguard disabler that completely skips the keyguard screen. Unfortunately it costs $1.50 which seems like a lot for this feature and you cannot choose what buttons wake the phone (volume, camera, and power buttons will all wake it with this app installed). Also the developer has said he is not going to do any more updates for it, which is unfortunate (especially since it's a paid app). I would likely repurchase it if he added selection for which keys wake up the phone but as it is I don't like having any of the keys wake up my phone.

22. TrevorSky

TrevorSky Member

Nice app! Would like to see a feature so that keyboard open and power button were separate, so that I could leave the power button as-is, but set auto-unlock on keyboard open. FYI: Works fine on 2.1.

23. Nepherim

Nepherim Well-Known Member

When a call comes in you see the normal slide-to-answer screen. myLock does not kick in for the call 'lock'.

24. TheHartster

TheHartster Member

I loaded this a few days back and really liked not having to swipe to get into my phone, but every time the call ended it FC. Once all the bugs are out I would probably install it again.

25. TrevorSky

TrevorSky Member

I've only had it installed a couple hours, but I haven't had that happen yet. I haven't received any calls though, only made outgoing. When did you get the FC?