For those of you with screen wobble...

Last Updated:

1. gt33

gt33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

EXCHANGE IT! I know that many, including myself weren't sure if the wobble was supposed to be there, but I got mine exchanged for one today and it is rock solid, no wobble at all. Test the slider out before you leave and if it isn't solid, ask to try another one.

Advertisement
  2. keenan6

keenan6 Well-Known Member

How did it wobble?

the issue i'm having is when you hold the phone in your right hand and attempt to press the power button with your thumb that screen start to slide into your hand. It's more of an annoyance, but i'm not sure if they'll exchange due to this issue..

3. gt33

gt33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mine does tha too, but far less than on the old one. The wobble I'm talking about is when you hold the phone with your left hand and try tapping the screen on th right side... the screen goes up and down, like there is space between the two halves

4. NYCDJ

NYCDJ Member

I'm planning on exchanging mine tomorrow morning because it's really getting on my nerves.

5. Herotech

Herotech Well-Known Member

How bad is the wobble? I just got a phone exchanged and I can BARELY feel it wobbling at the top right quarter of the screen. I'm not sure that its enough to bother me.

6. NYCDJ

NYCDJ Member

It's not a major wobble...it feels like there's a tiny pebble wedged between the screen and the keyboard. I can tap the upper right portion of the screen and the bottom left portion would lift up...tap that, and the top right would lift up. You can hear/feel it hitting against the keyboard as you do this.

7. jim2point0

jim2point0 Well-Known Member

My Sprint store won't exchange mine because their in-store models are the exact same way, so they believe this is default behavior..........

8. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Here is what I found. When they are brand new they are solid as a rock. Two weeks later wobble wobble wobble.

9. redguardian

redguardian Member

Mine wobbles if the phone is screen side down and I press against the screen with my left hand the is movement. Its definitely not sturdy like the droid 2 slide. Is this not how it should be?

10. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

I'm exchanging mine on Saturday because of the wobble. It shouldn't even wobble after two weeks. My old Moment and my daughter's Moment have been used for almost 12 months with no wobble at all; they're STILL rock solid. Excellent hardware construction on those.

This, however...well, this will be exchange number two. First was for the capacitive buttons not working right and now the wobble.