For those on ACII plan wanting to move up your NE2 date...General

Last Updated:

1. 1977sjr

1977sjr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a current BB Curve 8330 user and new to the Droid phones. The Incredible looks way too good to ignore. My NE2 date wasn't due until 12/27/10. I definitely couldn't wait that long to ditch my BB and upgrade to the Incredible, so I called Verizon to discuss options, as I don't want to shell out full retail price. I initially told the rep that I was unhappy with the performance of my BB as of late due to constant hourglass lags when running multiple apps, random restarts on its own, etc. in hopes that they would give me a little pity and move up my NE2 date. Since I didn't have a minimum $49.99/month calling plan, they couldn't move up the renewal date. However, the rep suggested that I cancel my ACII plan and upgrade to a Nationwide plan. My cost will be exactly the same ($59.99 for the minimum anytime minutes and unlimited texting) as my old ACII plan. The reason for doing this plan switch is that he said I'm now eligible to upgrade to a new phone and get the full discounts in exactly 3 months from today. That's a hell of a lot better than waiting until Christmas! So for any of you with an ACII plan with a renewal date way out there who can't wait like me, give this option a shot. It will be a painful wait, but it's savings in my pocket.

Advertisement