For those on at&t, how's the speed and performance with Nexus 4 on HSPA+?General

1. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Ok lucky ones...lets here it!

I won't get mine until Monday, but I'm curious to hear how performance is on HSPA+ network?

Advertisement
  2. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Worked great for me. I forgot that their hspa+ network is more rolled out than their LTE so I had it all the way from Annapolis through the backwoodsy areas all the way to my place. I updated the Facebook app while my fiance was driving and it went pretty quick, and then I streamed the new Muse album from Google Music and it didn't miss a beat. I'm gonna go see if I have the "stream high quality" option on though.

Ok it wasn't on high quality, but it sounded really good. I'll let you know more in the next few days since I'll be streaming all of my music with the Nexus 4 for a bit.
  3. burrrp

burrrp New Member

i am having a bit of trouble on At&T getting good speeds, junBringer did you do anything specific to your nexus 4 to enable hspa+.

what types of speeds are you seeing?
  4. burrrp

burrrp New Member

i am having a bit of trouble on At&T getting good speeds, junBringer did you do anything specific to your nexus 4 to enable hspa+.

what types of speeds are you seeing?
  5. JunBringer

I just rebooted the phone once the sim card was in it and since there was hspa+ where I was (Annapolis) it just came on right away. I don't really mess with speed tests or anything, but I streamed more music on the way to work today with high quality turned on in Google Music and there wasn't any pauses for buffering or anything.
  6. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

Speed tests have too many variables to be of much use. Where you are, how busy the tower is, inside vs outside, etc.. Real world usage like you described is more reliable.
  7. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Exactly... If someone could pull up say a YouTube Vid that's maybe an average of say 10min long and see how performance is in HQ that would be great!

To me Speed Test is just numbers and doesn't really tell the tale.
  8. burtonvdp

burtonvdp Well-Known Member

unless you use the same servers, use in the same areas IE house, work, and have base lines from other phones. Its a good place to start...
  9. JunBringer

My speeds have continued to be quite good. Everything I do it works for, the toughest of all being streaming hq Google Music. I'm pretty happy to say that they have hspa+ in most of the places I go, if not all (I haven't had band practice yet so we'll see about there). Very satisfied here.