For those that have had there Hero Replaced by Sprint

Last Updated:

1. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator This Topic's Starter

The reason for this post is simple, I would like to hear from you that have had their Hero replaced by sprint after the 2.1 update, I have called Sprint and have told them about the phone lag which is my main concern, for now I can live with the rest but the phone is still a phone and if it takes that long to make calls at times, or even when it does call and you hit the damn send button because you were impatient and then it calls the same person twice, I have an issue with that, so they offered to replace it, and I am sure it will be with a refurbished one, but with the replacement has the phone lag gone or is it still there. This will make me decided weather I take a replacement, or I will upgrade to the EVO on June 4th and put my Hero on Ebay once I re Flash it back to factory !!

Advertisement
  2. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

upgrade to the evo.

3. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Are you still within your 30-day return period? If so, an EVO upgrade shouldn't even be a question. I got my Hero back in January, and if I could upgrade I would do it in a heart beat!

4. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

Isn't it "their Hero" and not "there" ??? hehe

- Astro-grammarian

5. DonB

Edited and updated, lmao

6. DonB

Not in the 30 day period, but they will replace, well I should say they said they would, LOL

7. DonB

Well I got a replacement finally, but have not set it up yet because they forgot to send me a battery with it, LOL, so I decided instead of upgrading to the EVO for now I will keep the replacement for a bit and see what happens, but wanted to get some input from those of you that did get a replacement from Sprint. I also do not think upgrading to the EVO and paying an extra $10 months for the service is not justified

Report here:

This thread is for those of you that have had your Hero replaced by Sprint since the 2.1 update

1) Has the new replacement been better than your original phone

2) Do you have any of the same issues as before

3) What do you like better about your replacement

4) Any other input for other to know or read

8. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member

See answers in red.

9. eloc

eloc Member

I didnt complain about the upgrade thinking they wouldnt replace it so I complained about the dust under the screen and they replaced it with a reconditioned one that had 1.5. Looks new but its an old one with out the google logo on the back. Mine had the Google logo , o well. Still has a couple of specs of dust but I rather have that then the 2.1 upgrade that lagged big time on making calls and couldn't connect my bt car kit.

10. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

1. NO!!
    2. Yes, all of the same issues except that before when I got a call my phone wouldn't ring. That was their reason for replacing it. They said it was because I was having problems with my signal. (*cough* bullsh!t!! *cough*)
    3. The ONLY thing I like better is that it rings when I get a call. Other than that it has exactly the same issues as the first one.
    4. 2.1 is MISERABLE!!! I loved my Hero before the update & I thought I'd love it more with 2.1. I HATE my phone now!!
      FWIW, HTC seems to think doing a factory reset will solve all the problems. Maybe if we do a factory reset on the war it will solve those problems too. While we're at it, let's factory reset the oil spill too! Ok, enough of my soap box!

11. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Lol, I considered a factory reset to see if that helps with any problems and may yet do it.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

12. DonB

You can always factory reset, then install the original 1.5 back

13. Whiskeypawz

Sprint told me there was NO option to go back to 1.5 period. Even on the replacement phone, I asked if I could have it w/ 1.5 instead of 2.1 & they said there's no way to do that bec 2.1 is already on the replacement.
    They acted like 1.5 has already been sent through the shredder, never to be used again.

14. DonB

Read the forums, there is RUU 1.5 that you can re load, I saw it and read it somewhere, if I find it again I will post it, or maybe someone else will chime in if I am not correct, but I am sure I read that somewhere

15. DonB

Whiskeypawz likes this.
  16. Whiskeypawz

17. DonB

Well I have not rooted, but you still load the 1.56 back on without rooting I believe, but i am sure others will chime in, and even if you rooted you can go back to stock anyways, so your warranty would not be voided

18. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

No need to root to download 1.5 back on your phone, same process as when you "upgraded" to 2.1.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

19. DonB

Well so far my replacement is much better, will use it for a couple of days and see, so far no lag, much snappier, but I will give it time, will report back