For those that have their evo's: how's SPRINT TV?

1. rahuldang

rahuldang Well-Known Member

So i was wondering, im getting my evo next week hopefully and im just in love with the capabilities of the sprint tv feature. can someone tell me/review for me how it is on the evo? am i getting toooo excited for just an alright feature? thanks!

Advertisement
  2. mynamewastaken

mynamewastaken Well-Known Member

Tried it for all of 2 minutes. There wasn't anything that I wanted to watch on it :)
  3. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

People watch Sprint TV?
  4. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

it looks beautiful.... too bad I have to pay extra for fox news :(
  5. emac

emac Well-Known Member

The quality is fairly good, but there wasn't anything on it I wanted to watch. I expected to be able to watch the NFL Network because I could on my old Blackberry (though the quality was terrible so it wasn't worth it), but it wasn't listed.
  6. rockman1117

rockman1117 Well-Known Member

I use it for ESPN mobile and some NBC comedies (30 rock, Parks and Rec). Its passable when on the go and waiting for a movie or something. I think its nice to have.
  7. keatre

keatre Well-Known Member

World Cup will be streamed on ESPN from Sprint TV. Get excited.
    latinmaxima likes this.
  8. x0lliex

x0lliex Active Member

Yeah that is the only thing I can see me using Sprint TV for. World Cup!
  9. AM2

AM2 Well-Known Member

wow i just noticed that nfl network is now missing....it used to be there, you are right...anyone know what happened....did the nfl remove it for some reason, like that changed nfl mobile to sprint football mobile...what gives?
  10. keatre

keatre Well-Known Member

11. rdegk15

rdegk15 Well-Known Member

watched espn mobile in anticipation of the world cup.. worked well.
  12. Fireace22

Fireace22 Active Member

ESPN Mobile is pretty solid, its on about a 5-10 second delay... Quality and sound are both pretty good. I can see it draining the battery like crazy if I actually sit and watch an entire World Cup game on it though.
  13. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I can't believe it only works on the 3G/4G. Why not Wi-fi?
  14. Edricflo

Edricflo Well-Known Member

4G would definitely help
  15. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Works good. I will use it until slingplayer comes out.
  16. cmanbrazil

cmanbrazil Well-Known Member

I watched it today and noticed that it had an irritating delay in the audio like the old karate movies. The first day I didn't have this problem
  17. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

^ That's the same problem I had when I first tried it.
  18. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

19. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

meh, all sprint bloatware.
  20. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I watched the whole final episode of LOST (again)... LOL!

Nothing spectacular, but you have to understand that this is a cellphone and not a mini-tv. When there's too many things going on, you have major artifact distortion. Like I said, it's a cellphone and not a mini-TV.
  21. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member

I'm coming from Samsung Eternity (ATT) the only good thing about that phone was FlowTv. FlowTV was flawless received a satellite signal & the picture would be clear....when you would change channels it would be done instantly.

I have not used Sprint TV that much but overall I am not that impressed. It seems like you are streaming the content ...like how you would do a youtube video & the quality is no way near Flow TV.

Apart from that EVO is the best phone I have ever had... I wonder if there is a FlowTV application???
  22. VGPOP

VGPOP Well-Known Member

23. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

I never opened sprint tv until I saw this thread!! LOL I just watched the last episode of LOST again too hahah thanks caloy
  24. hodgsonevo

hodgsonevo Active Member

Keeps saying I need a subscription.. Shouldnt it be part of this $10 bs?
  25. dzar

dzar Well-Known Member

Yes, it probably should be, but it's not. Enjoy the nickel and dime stuff Sprint does (they always have... I've been a Sprint customer for longer than I can remember and this is nothing new... they advertise "free" Sprint TV but just means things listed as "Sprint TV" not the other channels).

I did watch ESPN (I think) over 4G and the video is simply awesome! It does seem to be higher quality... I'll hook up HDMI for fun at some point. I cannot see using this more than a few minutes at a time while traveling. Oh yeah, has anybody benchmarked how long the battery lasts watching TV? I bet it's not that long... hmmm... something to do, tonight!