For those waiting for BB v1.0 - good news

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

From alldroid-Pete:
    Sorry It has been taking so long, I have been busier than I have ever been with work and school. Anyways here are some details:
    Easiest way to get my ROMs will be with "ROM Manager" app by Koush, V0.9 is already on there. Be sure to check out this app, go ahead and flash ClockWorkMod Recovery also, it's amazing and gets updated daily lol. V1.0 will be snappier and faster than any of my other ROMs. I have spent alot of time researching and have tweaked many aspects of the system. So far they have proven to work based on the testing being done by me and the beta team. I don't want to give too many details out about it (sure you know why...) so I will keep it at that. I could throw this thing out to you all tonight but I want to accomplish more, I feel like V1.0 needs to be epic so I wont release it until it is.

I can vouch for ROM Manager being updated frequently - its worth the few bucks.
    Also the ese81 base is updateable by itself on ROM Manager. I did it, then *228 - NO issues.
    There are also Stock ROM available.

Nick

Advertisement
    irishpride and shrink57 like this.
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up! I am using Fab's themed ESE81 concoction and it is working great but can't wait to see what Pete has up his sleeve.

3. snake_fist_gung_fu

snake_fist_gung_fu Well-Known Member

Yea I donated to Rom manager but have not used it yet. Looks like BB 1.0 will be my first flash with it.

4. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

sweet! never heard of rom manager. will give that a try.

5. snake_fist_gung_fu

snake_fist_gung_fu Well-Known Member

Looks like thats what all the rom makers are moving too.

6. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who can't find ROM Manager Premium in the Market, or a way to donate from the free app?

7. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Just do a search for "Rom Manager" and the second selection is Rom Manager (Premium). Premium is actually a registration file that is needed along with the free version. You can also do a search for the developer Koushik Dutta.

8. YankeeDudeL

I have been, but it doesn't come up, just the free version of ROM Manager. When I search the Koush's other apps, only the free version, Mono, and Telnet come up. I have no idea why.

9. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

If you download the Appbrain app to your phone, this link will help:

ROM Manager (Premium) for Android - Tools

10. YankeeDudeL

I appreciate that, seems like a decent service, but it when I tried to install it, it went to the Market and said that the app doesn't exist. I do have the free version installed. Well...this is an interesting development. Thank you though.

EDIT: I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll start another.

11. inssane

It's all good. Keep in mind that when you get premium, it will install - but you must run the "free" version, it operates as the paid version. When you pay, the install is just a patch. I was a little confused when I first started with it but I was very tired from flashing ROMs, lol.

I have tried a couple others including Fab's with little success. I am getting tired of reboots regardless of the kernel. It only is really bad when it does it while I am using Navigation as you can imagine, otherwise my pocket doesn't care :)

Anyhow, I am looking forward!!!

12. FuhxTehAppelz

FuhxTehAppelz Well-Known Member

Does this mean no more releases via nandroid backups? I really like sprecovery, nevermind that it isn't updated daily It has never failed...

13. Darkwarrior006

Darkwarrior006 Well-Known Member

What a lot of people do is keep SP recovery and go back and forth between SP and clock work. I just recently flashed clockwork, and it works just like SP. You can actually flash SP while in ROM manager. Only downside is that you cant use your nandroid backups from SP with clockwork.

14. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

how do you keep sp and use clockwork?

15. Darkwarrior006

Darkwarrior006 Well-Known Member

just keep the SP image on your phone. ROM manager will allow you to flash it back if you want to.

16. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

my sprecovery was installed with the old sholesmod would that way work with that install?

17. Jakbob

Jakbob Well-Known Member

I already have pete's latest .9 bb, can I still flash his future roms via update method as described in his thread like usual when he releases it? I don't feel like doing that other rom manager crap ;p

18. FuhxTehAppelz

FuhxTehAppelz Well-Known Member

precisely, I find no reason to change, so I guess I will be stuck at 0.9 until I learn to write this stuff myself.

19. inssane

This should be the case. I have always found that easier for the most part.

20. inssane

Directly from AD

*****UPDATE***** (04/02/2010)

Due to a very busy schedule, Pete has been running at full speed non-stop. Thus leading to a little bit of a slow down in development, hopefully soon we can get another phone dedicated to development, so yes, donations are much appreciated, and by the way, from the Beta team, thanks for your patience, and thanks for your donations! So far from what I can tell, the users are going to be very happy when it comes out! So soon after it is realesed, we will have answers pertaining to the installation and troubleshooting. Last but not least, you do NOT have to switch to Koush's Clockwork recovery, it just makes it a little easier to install, in other words, you will have to manually update, or rename a file to update.zip yourself if using SPRecovery.

FuhxTehAppelz likes this.
  21. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Not only does he patch together some good roms, he also refers to himself in the third person!

22. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, his new ROM sounds pretty sick, I have never used a BB ROM, but now that it is on Rom Manager, maybe ill switch over from Cyanogen if its better.

23. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Well-Known Member Developer

Cyanogen was a pretty good ROM before I went to 2.1. It ran so smoothe and solid. If Pete's BB is just as good, if not better, I'm definitely going to make the move.....

24. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

I might switch, but what could be soooo much better and faster in his ROM that isn't out already? That's what I want to know... :rolleyes:

25. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

It is far better! Can't wait for 1.0!