• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those wanting to switch to N1--more N1 problems

Well it does have a faster processor and GPU also, but that isn't enough to make me switch anyway. The EVO I will switch for even without a physical kb. The biggest draw for a lot of users is the Nexus 1 is made by HTC who is arguably the best smartphone company around and has a great history of Android support since the start. Plus being backed by Google directly is a draw for some. All the guys I know who got one did it because Cyanogen and basically all the other developers from the G1 switched to the N1 so it has a awesome community.

Upvote 0
I agree with all of you're points, but part of me still loves the look of it and would still love to get it (I love purchasing new phones like every 9 months lol). And by august ishh they'll have it fixed. So I kind of want to get it right now... Idk, we'll see if there's nothing that much better coming out. If there isn't I think I might pick myself one up.

Upvote 0
Fix what? The resolution? That won't happen lol but it doesn't matter anyway since they use the technology so it still looks like 800x480. I got my Droid on launch day so my ETF is the old $175 not the $350 they changed it to like a week later. I'll sell the Droid for hopefully $300-$350 with the 2 docks and extra phantom skinz, spend $135 on the ETF (goes down $5 a month) and then have about $200 for the EVO on Sprint which I think is what it will cost with a new contract.

Upvote 0
Do you guys think it would be smart to get the Nexus One in a few months? Or do you think google will be releasing a Nexus Two by like november - december ish? Part of me thinks they will, but part of me thinks they are going to make this they're phone for a while till everyone has 4G up. Idkkk?? :cool:

As a Droid owner, I wouldn't switch to anything short of a phone with HTC Evo specs. I would rather have a droid than an N1 because of all the custom roms.

Upvote 0
I'll sell the Droid for hopefully $300-$350 with the 2 docks and extra phantom skinz, spend $135 on the ETF (goes down $5 a month) and then have about $200 for the EVO on Sprint which I think is what it will cost with a new contract.

You really think you can get $300-$350 for your Droid, even with all those accessories when you can get one for free from Verizon? I suppose people would be willing to pay more for your phone without a contract as opposed to getting one free from Verizon or Wirefly (but being locked into a 2 year contract). Guess I just answered my own question, but I still think 300-350 is overly-optimistic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones