For those wanting to switch to Sprint for the Evo 4G

Last Updated:

1. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nobody beats T-mobile's customer support.

On Wednesday I talked to a CSR about switching my Behold 2 in for MT3GS but they told me they can not offer that but could offer the regular MT3G or the Cliq XT, I asked if I could get the regular Cliq and they told me they could do that.

The next day (yesterday) my Cliq was here. Overnighted free of charge.

Then today I start preparing my Behold 2 to be shipped back in but I quickly notice......... I did not receive a packing slip to send it. I then called 611 to see why.

I found out they had reset my contact back to the day I signed it, Given me the Cliq, I can keep my Behold 2, and I am still eligible for my full upgrade June 21.

Try getting that on Sprint.

Advertisement
  2. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

But the EVO is SO COOL!!! And it's one whole g better. :)

3. euph_22

Yes, I know that 4g service is essentially non-existant at the moment. I was kidding about that.

4. mwl1119

But when you have problems with it you will be sorry.

5. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Thats awesome and you guys will be getting 2.1 I can't believe the other cliq owners complaining about not getting froyo yet, greedy bastards.

6. mwl1119

LOL yeah I seen that. That is why I still come to this page and hardly go to the Cliq page. Besides I do still have a Behold 2, I just don't plan on using it and am trying to sell it for $200 on craigslist.... if it dont sell soon it will go to gazelle.

7. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Ah I see good choice. I think you would have a better chance of selling this if its priced $10 less than the lowest craigslist price. I can't sell mine yet nor do I really want to for that matter if all I can get is around 200 for it.

8. justanotherguy

justanotherguy Well-Known Member

So the going rate for a BH2 is $200, used? Mine is a 2 owner phone already...And I paid only $180 ...hmm even if I bailed @ $150 I would be happy.... Itll either be N1 or Galaxy S...
    Tony

9. grennis

grennis Well-Known Member

Too bad that TMO does not have a decent Android phone. I never understood how TMO lead the pack with the 1st Android device and then totally fumbled the ball somehow completely blew it.

10. mwl1119

Its called MONEY. When Android was not well known and coming out it was cheap to get a phone over to your network.

Now that android is the popular operating system it cost quite a bit to get the Evo 4Gs and Droid Incredibles to your network and since Tmo is the littlest national carrier they lose the bidding wars.

I will never understand why they didn't get the Motoroi though.

11. grennis

grennis Well-Known Member

I hear ya but you would think at this point that would have been able to put together something that even approaches what's an average phone for Sprint or Verizon.

12. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Actually metro pcs and cricket are both national carriers and both of them together are still smaller than tmobile. Also both are soon to get their first android devices point is tmo is not the smallest. Plus sprint got the evo and they are barely bigger then tmo and just ahead of them in third place!

13. mwl1119

And the Android phones Metro and Cricket will be rolling out will not be powerhouse phones either. Hell the biggest carrier in my area (cincinnati bell) just got the Blaze, will soon have the Motoroi, and have offered the Nexus for $379 previously but they are all phones that have beenon other carriers or were passed on by other carriers (again I do not know why Tmo passed on the Motoroi).

As far as my point on user base, so what if Sprint is not that far ahead of us user share wise the JUST NOW launched their killer Android I am sure we will have one this summer........ and I'll be in line for it.

14. Pat Bowa

Pat Bowa Member

I was with Sprint for 10 years until I came over to T-Mobile in January and I have to say, T-Mobile's customer service is 100% better then Sprint. Most of the time when I called Sprint,

Calling Sprint is like calling Dell if you know what I mean! :D

Why did it take me 10 years to leave sprint?

It only went down hill (in my opinion) the last 2-3 years. Before that I loved Sprint.

I have the new Slide and I love it. There is even an included sports radio APP where I can listen to sports talk all over the country on my phone.

SWEET!

15. aequitas3

aequitas3 Well-Known Member

a little birdy told me tmo is soon to receive 4g...

16. behold_this

Tmo is not going to have 4g anytime soon... They do have hspa+ which is really 3g on steroids but is beating sprints 4g in speeds

17. aequitas3

aequitas3 Well-Known Member

that's fine, believe what you want :D all i kno is that i heard from a friend that tmo is getting 4g soon, and that something is going on on the 19 of this month, at least here for sure.

18. behold_this

Lmao

mwl1119 likes this.
  19. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

"4G" is a gimick. It has absolutely nothing to do with speeds. It's all about advertising. I personally believe TMobile should start rolling out their HSPA+ like mad and start advertising it as 4G.

The general public thinks of 4G as just some new, faster internet than 3G. Well for the most part that is true, so your average moron consumer will think Sprint's 4G is faster than TMobile's HSPA+ simply because it's "4G".

TMobile needs to roll it out ASAP and start advertising it as 4G.

20. behold_this

Hspa+ is live here in Vegas and it's fast certainly not the theoretical speeds that tmo boasts but 2.5 to 3x faster than standard 3G in real life download speeds

21. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

isn't 4G speeds supposed to be at least 100mbps?

22. marcelo_lopez

marcelo_lopez Well-Known Member

Sprint is actually CAPPING their WiMax speeds at the moment, that may be to help them with overall bandwidth capacity until the network is built out, or not. Who knows....

I hear you about the customer service, so it's a hit or miss. The one you definitely want to stay away from is AT&T.....ouch. CS....more like, lack thereof !

Me, I'm waiting to see what it is that's happening on the 19th, and then in July. Until then, I'm not gonna give up the good fight.

To those who got or are getting new handsets of other types...congrats. Enjoy them in good health ! :)

23. offthecha1n

offthecha1n Well-Known Member

marcelo, if you talking about tmobiles 19th, its a sale for the slide. heard it from a rep at the store yesterday

24. mwl1119

One too many 0's there

25. euph_22

"An IMT advanced cellular system [ie 4g] must have target peak data rates of up to approximately 100 Mbit/s for high mobility such as mobile access and up to approximately 1 Gbit/s for low mobility such as nomadic/local wireless access, according to the ITU requirements. Scalable bandwidths up to at least 40 MHz should be provided."

4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia