For those who are getting great battery life....Support

Last Updated:

1. masterdelusion

masterdelusion Member This Topic's Starter

With updated kernels...

What are you running and what options are you leaving turned on?

When my battery gets killed quickly, I usually have the background data running.
    I usually turn off my wifi, gps and I have deleted all my weather widgets. I have my contacts, calendar and email synced through Google.

Today, I turned off my background data, and had really decent battery life. Made it through a 10 hour work day with using internet, some text, some email, listening to a book, some downloads and customization. Still had 30% left when I went home.

I'm trying to decide if I need to buy a new battery. If this is how everyone get better battery life, then I won't have to buy a new one... But if i could get full utilization of the phone, plus great battery....

Advertisement
  2. satinkzo

satinkzo Well-Known Member

I leave Wifi on, GPS on, everything synced through google. I use my phone quite a bit data wise and lately a lot of talk (over 100 minutes a day this week, that's alot for me). I use my phone as a relay for my work pager so I get 50-100 texts a day on top of normal texting.

I can go 2 days on 1 charge, day 2 my battery shows 15% all day. We'll see how things go with this big software update that you have to get in stores. It was smooth, but inconvenient.

3. masterdelusion

masterdelusion Member This Topic's Starter

Damn....

Well, okay it might be time for a new battery....

4. satinkzo

satinkzo Well-Known Member

One thing I do is only charge through USB off my laptop and only when my battery gets low, not when it reports 50% or anything.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel the moment charges better when it charges slower. When I come off the charger, it's at 100% for probably 45-60 minutes and then drops to 90% generally. As we've discussed ad-nauseum, the battery gauge is crap, but maybe this update fixed it