For those who are rooted, some good SETCPU tips.....

Last Updated:

1. elchingon666

elchingon666 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,

Rooted my Vibrant pretty much as soon as I got it, installed SETCPU and while it did make my phone MUCH more responsive it was also causing problems.

I asked for help on XDA but most gave pretty vague answers, so I eventually ended up uninstalling it....

Well, anyhow, I found this really helpful post and now I am going to give SETCPU another shot. So if anyone else out there is having issues read this:

OverClocking 101 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

:)

Advertisement
  2. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Set CPU wont work unless your running a modded kernel, well it will work but itll only let you slow the phone down not overclock or anything... As for the Kernel there are currently around 4 good kernel chefs working on it and personally think JustAnotherDev is the one to follow as far as that goes for now...

3. elchingon666

elchingon666 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes,

Thanks for the info..I actually was going to state in my post that I installed setcpu solely for battery savings/phone response, not overclocking as I know it cannot be done.....YET....

:D

4. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

I have no interest in overclocking my Vibrant, but would like to be able to use SetCPU for saving battery power as well. Has anyone had any luck with this app? I gave it a shot and it was nothing but trouble, namely after while idle with the screen off the phone would apparently lock up and not turn back on when hitting the power button. I had to do battery pulls to reboot.

5. rbcamping

rbcamping Well-Known Member

Don't set the cpu to 100, mine did the same thing and I used the advanced settings and made my own profile with the lowest setting at 300, No problems anymore. I may try 200 and see how that works.

6. Trickydon

Trickydon New Member

Is there any way to flash new rom without connecting to a pc?

7. flywatt

flywatt Well-Known Member

You can flash rom with Rom Manager application. But you'll still have to put the ROM on your SD card. You may be able to download the rom straight to the phone's SD card, but I haven't tried it. . .