For those who have Jelly Bean, what is your new fave feature?General

1. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

I'm finding the Air View in the Calendar very helpful - many days I have too many appts and I can't see them all in Month view. Hover over the date and BAM! See all my appts.

I also really like the additional app access in the multi-window tray, and the ease of moving, resizing and switching windows around.

The JB update on my Galaxy S3 phone was meh, but on the Note, it's great!!

Here's a repost of the link to the YouTube vid explaining & showcasing some of the new features. (Thanks to whoever posted it first - very helpful!)

Advertisement
  2. raytan

raytan Member

3. RonJohnson4164

RonJohnson4164 Active Member

I like the swipe feature on the keyboard. I can enter information really fast, and it does a good job of recognizing what I want to say. On Raytan's post, I want to add that you do not receive updates on the apps that you do this to. There's another app on XDA also that makes all your apps multi-window if you are rooted.
  4. davidfarquhar

davidfarquhar Active Member

The ability to scroll / zoom while entering text using handwriting in S-Note. That was a pain before, having to close the text entry to see the full page, then reopening text entry.
    13ilgal likes this.
  5. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

wow - I didn't pick up on that one. Thanks!

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

My pen no longer shows the little pointer when I hover it above he screen since the update. I haven't been able to get it to work again. Anybody else?
  7. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

It does work. There is an option somewhere to enable it. Search the forum as I do not remember where it is, but it has been mentioned here.
  8. Bloomy6

Bloomy6 Well-Known Member

Settings> spen> airview (not the toggle but just left of the toggle)> pointer
    da man likes this.
  9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Thanks, got it working again. The s pen settings menu is kind of confusing, it looks as though the toggle is the only option.
  10. Bloomy6

Bloomy6 Well-Known Member

No problem. Glad to help
  11. mastersaied

mastersaied Member

I liked the ability to crop anything u liked by pen
  12. Jumbeaux

Jumbeaux Active Member

We finally got back the ability to close browser using the return button. The persistent about:blank page was really annoying.
  13. globen

globen New Member

I like how slow the recent tab reacts to you pressing it. I have the n8013 and it takes a good 4 to 5 seconds for it to react. :(