• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those who haven't installed hacked 2.2, how often do you check for updates?

How many times/day do you check for the 2.2 update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No that is wrong..

My Droid, Incredible, and X would all have updates available before any notification was shown. The notifications are not pushed. Your phone checks for them, which is not that often.

You may not receive the notification, but I can say with 100% certainty that your phone does not ping for them, at least on a default Android installation. If it's in your available download list, it's been sent to you OTA.

Upvote 0
Why would I check?

It's going to be announced on here and every other Android site virtually immediately after the push starts. So I'm sure I'll hear about it without compulsively checking for updates on the phone...
My thoughts exactly. Follow 1-2 droid sites on twitter and you will hear about it as soon as it happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones