I've looked around but never found any definitive answers. I finally got mine to work. I don't know what part of these steps did it for me, but this is exactly what I did and now I have no time-stamp issues on 2.2 (which was the only reason I didn't like 2.2) Wiped data 3 times Flashed SBF Did not sign into any accounts including Google Installed Universalandroot and rooted Installed bootstrapper Moved su to xbin to keep root Wiped data 3 times Flashed 2.2 older version Again did not sign into Google or any other accounts Installed bootstrapper Flashed newest version of 2.2 Installed Handcent manually. I didn't put it on with TiBu or let Google try to reinstall all my apps (which hasn't really been working for me lately anyways) After that I was good to go. I haven't had ANY of the 2.2 bugs. The only thing I've noticed is when I put themes or ROMS on my X, the timestamp bug comes back. So make sure you do a backup of the fully stock setup just in case something you install screws it up. By the way I've only tried one theme so this might not be true for all of them. Good luck.