1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

for those with grandfathered unlimited dataGeneral

Last Updated:

1. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. BaadAndy

BaadAndy Well-Known Member

for what its worth there is a loophole where you can add or upgrade a line and keep unlimited data on the lines you want, then just switch a dumb phone to the added or upgraded line, that's what I just did to get the note 2. not sure how long the loophole will last, but it only added $10 a month to my bill so its like paying full price but you get 24 months to do it. sooner or later I will switch to straight talk or Tmobile but for now it works for me!

3. MandiB2010

MandiB2010 New Member

Looks like the petition is closed?

4. Cam501

Cam501 Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in finding out more details before upgrading my ancient droid incredible

5. CBrinser

CBrinser New Member

If you "renew" your contract by upgrading your phone through VZW you will be forced to select a different data plan. They only way to hang onto your contract would be to buy a used phone or shell out $$$ for a new phone without claiming the new-contract price. VZW is garbage and I'm currently in the process of downloading 1TB of data on my grandfathered plan to sock it to them. Also, I read my ToS before I went ahead with this silent protest of their actions and if you write them a nasty e-mail and drop the f bomb like a million times. They reserve the right to drop you as a customer...so if you want to switch carriers and don't want to pay your early termination fee. Just take all the frustrations of life out on them via e-mail. If they don't boot you, then they break their own terms. DOWN WITH VZW!!!!!!!

6. Buddha64

Buddha64 Well-Known Member

Unless you are suddenly aware of a carrier owned by angels, you're not going to find much different attitudes - or plans. It is like a gas station on ever corner - they all sell gas for about the same price.

I've been with T-Mobile and AT&T and I can assure you, after you've been with them for a while, you'll see how much they also suck. Two years with Verizon have actually been the best of all of them.

7. TravelnPerlMan

TravelnPerlMan New Member

halfcab123 for all your needs is awesome

Funderbolt likes this.
  8. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

Looks like a good service, but doesn't address the topic. Apparently there is nothing new on the grandfathering front. I was wondering about whether it's possible to tell Verizon that you want to maintain the conditions of your current unlimited contract upon buying a new phone. Anyone know about this?