• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

for those with otterbox cases

ult

Jul 1, 2012
Are the buttons hard to press on each of your cases?

If so are they getting broken in and easier to press or still really hard?

I appreciate the help Im waiting on a commuter case that I preordered awhile ago and would like to make sure its what I want, I dont want something I need pliers for to get the phone on, volume raised etc.

thanks guys anymore people like to tell me their experience?

I have been using Otterbox cases since my iPhone 3G and I generally like them.

Currently, I am using the Commuter for my white S3 and my HTC One X. As for the S3, the power button is a bit stiff but the thing I hate about it is you could never feel the tactile so before you know it, your phone starts up already. Overall though, it's a great casing. I bought it to stop the creaking noise made by the back cover.

The Commuter for the HOX is a bad one. The silicon underneath the polycarbonate shell isn't properly aligned which causes difficulty pressing the volume rocker. Compared to the Commuter for S3, the latter perfectly fits mine.

My pebble blue is completely naked as I love touching and feeling the smoothness of the phone and it just looks so good to be covered by black casing and it is rock solid - no creaking.

Upvote 0
Had a defender for my og evo but do not want such a big case for the s3. Thanks for the input keep it coming. Been waiting for weeks for my blue commuter to arrive and starting to get impatient. They had the plum commuter at a local sprint corp store yest so idk why the blue one isn't out yet. Sucks

Upvote 0
Ok I got a black commuter today, the buttons are very stiff so I think Im going to just give up on the commuter, cancel my amazon preordered sky blue commuter case and get something else. Too bad as I like the slim factor more than the ballistic maxx Ive been using.

thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I had a black otter commuter on mine for about a week and returned it because it was too slippery on the edges for my tastes - almost dropped it twice. Otterbox does make a very nice, durable case in my opinion - just didn't suit me. I went back to the Boxwave slip on case - not as much protection as the Otter but I can keep ahold of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones