For those with the 3500mah battery from ebay seller feitong2009Accessories

Last Updated:

1. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does your phone recognize the battery temperature? Mine is stuck at 25C and it gets hot like if it's 42-44C when I start using the phone for a long time (>30min on the internet).

Just wondering if I have a defective one.

Advertisement
  2. daystrom

daystrom Well-Known Member

Mine from the same seller seems to stay right around 25C also.

I just got mine yesterday. JuicePlotter is showing 15 hr's left from a charge in the phone. Ironically that's about how much time I was able to get out of my stock 1500 battery.

My phone is not rooted, perhaps I need to do this and wipe the battery stats.

i3adidas likes this.
  3. STYX

STYX Well-Known Member

so is that battery good? cuz i am waiting i just order that 1 week ago...

4. daystrom

So far so good. I just charged it up for the first time last night. I've had it off the charger since 7:00 this morning and after 6 hours of light to moderate use I am at 71%. JuicePlotter says I still have 12 hours remaining.

My stock OEM battery would last me 15 to 16 hours of (my) use. If the 3500 goes beyond that I'll be happy. I got two 3500 mAh batteries and a charger for ~$20 and free shipping.

5. STYX

STYX Well-Known Member

6. daystrom

The cover is really nice. It almost has the same rubbery feel the OEM cover has. It fits nice and tight too. The phone has a better feel to it with the larger back. You can also rest it on your shoulder while talking without it slipping.

7. STYX

STYX Well-Known Member

haha u r fool on your head 2? hahah can you post some pics? isnt it like a brick?

8. daystrom

9. STYX

STYX Well-Known Member

10. daystrom

Going on 9.5 hours with 49% remaining. I haven't used any power hungry apps like Pandora or GPS but data is always on and always syncing with my Exchange server.

11. jvasco2010

jvasco2010 Member

I bought2 from him. I don't think there fully 3500 mah. Also they don't charge fully in the phone. Gotta use external charger pain in the arse

12. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Haha, my stock battery puts out 40+ hours..

13. STYX

STYX Well-Known Member

how come +40 wow thats nice and is OEM or chines battery?

yeah i dont like it that you have to take out battery and put it back thats sucks!!!

14. that_maynard

that_maynard Well-Known Member

Great review! I actually ordered the cheaper ones myself and I don't have an EVO yet. Just wishful thinking. It's only $20.

15. jvasco2010

jvasco2010 Member

Wut room/ kernel r u running? if not rooted wut kind of things r u doing also wut kind of usage?

16. STYX

STYX Well-Known Member

17. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

I have this battery from this seller

I seem to be having an issue with it fitting. Seems if the cover wiggles or i put pressure or something, the phone reboots

is anyone else having this issue?

EDIT, crap i see this is an evo forum, sorry all

18. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

Sounds like your battery is falling out/being pushed off the contacts

19. audiofx2

audiofx2 Well-Known Member

please delete

20. SDbirdman

SDbirdman Active Member

i ordered the 3500 from feitong2009 today. i will report back on the results.

A few random thoughts on the 3500 battery:

1. fyi I already purchased two 3500s from another seller. one works pretty good. the other battery will start up but then reboot the phone after the SD card mounts. i am assuming this second is defective.

2. the AC external batter charger is quite slow. to charge my battery i first charge it inside the phone until the green light comes on (the battery charges quickly on the phone, however it will not fully charge your extended battery). Next I take it out and let it charge fully on the external until the light changes from purple to blue.

3. because of the external charger being the most reasonable way to charge these bigger batteries i have concluded that i need 2 of the 3500 batteries. one will not do.

21. jevans43

jevans43 New Member

I just got my battery on Saturday. Charged it overnight in the phone. Just turned it on 30 minutes ago. Only showed 81% and in 30 minutes it has dropped to 20%. What am I doing wrong. The door does fit good though. By the way when it is charging it does not show the white icon inside the battery icon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

22. speedy112790

speedy112790 New Member

In the phones kernel the phone only knows how to charge a 1500mah. Get an external charger and it will work better. I can go a full day of use and have 30-50% left or 60-75% left with the Yoobao.

23. chicano

chicano Well-Known Member

I ordered my battery from this seller, feitong2009, on September 23- and it seems forever to get here (CA) which it hasn't yet. I sent him an email that if I don't receive it this week, I will put a negative feedback and demand my money back through paypal.

I already have the other Chinese battery, 3000mAh, which works great. One charge lasts all day. And that is with regular use; surfing the net, gps, text and phone calls. So I have NO complaints with the Chinese 3000mAh battery.

Also, the back cover gives the phone a better grab. I switched back to the original back and dropped it a couple of times. With the extended battery cover it has a better grip and it does not make it look like a brick. Still looks good.

I charged them both using the wall charger- not the dock.

UPDATE: It took 31 days to get this battery for me from this seller. With this battery, so far, I have 13 hours and at 22%- without charging it.

At the same time I was waiting for this battery, I ordered from another dealer, Wanshopping from Manhattan, which arrived 5 days later. With this battery, I got 32 hours of normal use on a single charge.