For what it's worth....about a 2.0 update

Last Updated:

1. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys...I"m going to make this brief:

I hope, first and foremost, my title didn't get anybody too excited. Secondly, I got off the phone about an hour ago with HTC. This is now my second call to them this week (I made an earlier post about my positive experience) and came away equally impressed with the service. I'm not going to get into it because that's not the purpose of this particular thread.

The issues I called to discuss weren't anything major, just headscratchers that I thought I'd see if there were answers to. The first was about my phone resetting itself a few times. The second had to do with the "Mail" icon on the home screen not updating the number of emails based on how many are actually in the inbox.

After spending about 15 minutes on the phone with the rep, and him replicating my findings, he unfortunately had no concrete answers, which was fine. Like I said, nothing too major, just curiousity that got to me. Here comes the important part.....after discussing a few other things that people have been experiencing he said that these issues would be sorted out in 2.0 which he said a few times should be really soon. He never once mentioned 1.6, and when he said "really soon" it was not in a tone of "I-really-have-no-freaking-clue-when-this-is-coming-out", but more in the tone of "I-have-a-release-date-and-it's-really-soon-but-I-can't-tell-you-even-though-I-want-to". Kind of like a little kid hiding a secret.

Again, you can take it for what it's worth, but I just figured I'd report what I had heard.

Advertisement
  2. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

i'll try to call them tomorrow and maybe pry some more info out of them. i have a way with words..lol

3. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member

I really hope this is true and that 2.0 will be out soon for it. I hear it has a lot of fixes and has some really cool new features. My biggest thing is speed. I want my phone to run a tad bit more smooth than it does already. Most of the time it runs great but sometimes it freezes up some. Funny enough it almost always freezes when I am showing it off to an iPhone user..which they normally end up saying, my iPhone doesn't do that lol in which I reply, only because your phone can run one app at a time.

4. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

whats htc's number? maybe a few other members could help "bug" them too. maybe they will hurry up on it.

5. dhinez

dhinez Well-Known Member

Looks like more speculation, but for it's worth I'm somewhat excited. At least it's something to look forward to if it actually releases on Hero:D. I been hearing good things and wish I was in good standings with Verizon to get the Droid (long story). Hopefully, HTC will make an "official" announcement so all Hero owners can rejoice!