• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Force 3g droid x

asghert

Feb 5, 2011
Hi, I know this question is on here a bunch, but I can't seem to find a resolution on the 3G 1X problem I have.

I must be on the 50 yard line at home because I bounce continuously between a good 3G signal to a shi!!y 1X signal.

I tried the *#...4636 bla bla and changed the setting to WCDMA only and it defaults back to CDMA auto PRL sometimes right away and sometimes not.

Oh yeah and I tried changing it and pressing the home button instead of the back button only to wait a little while and find that it changes back.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
asghert

Hello asgert, and welcome to the forums.

We do see the "3G/1x dance" being reported around various device forums here. ;)

One way to find out if your device has an issue, or if the poor/intermittent 3G signal has more to do with tower proximity, etc, is to have another device right with you which uses 3G, preferably of course another X. Friend's? Co-workers? etc.

If you've been reading around about 3G issues in the X, then you've probably tried the various remedies, including a factory data reset?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones