force a sync facebookSupport

Last Updated:

1. bergovoy

bergovoy Active Member This Topic's Starter

hello, I used to have a ton of 'faux' friends on my facebook account.. from playin stupid games...so when i started using my droidx it imported several hundred names into my contacts...

HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM...

I have already downloaded the names from my facebook friends list.. but they are still on my contacts list,, and the droidx wont let me delete them directly...

PLEASE "HELP"

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

just go to your contacts, hit the menu button, click display group, then click google. that will remove the facebook contacts.

goldz28 likes this.
  3. ASC

ASC I'm Shy VIP Member

I'm still waiting on my x... but I believe because it links your contacts with the gmail account associated with the phone. you might need to log onto your gmail and delete them from there. Its at least worth a try.

Edit: when i linked my added my gmail account to my storm 1 and linked it to my msn and facebook it added a ton of contacts to my storm. had to merge and delete a bunch.

4. MacII

MacII Well-Known Member

The same thing happened when I originally synced Facebook contacts with my DX. I found that it doesn't actually combine all of your contacts into one huge group but keeps them in managable categories. Follow the instructions sund0wn gave and you should be good. It will keep all of the contacts on your phone though, this is just a way to filter them. I'm not sure there is a way to import just some off your contacts from Facebook without doing it manually.

5. bergovoy

i don't want to filter out all the contacts from facebook. i deleted the fake friends from facebook. i just want to re sync the current friends list from facebook

6. bergovoy

sorry, tried to post from my droid.. :)

I have edited and deleted teh friends list on FACEBOOK.. so now, i really only have friends and family on there... no fake friends. no friends from games.. no 'friends' i dont know...

But, my phone has almost a thousand of those fake / gamer friends that i already deleted on facebook.. but the phone wont let me delete them and says i have to delete them from facebook.. which i did already..

I did this yesterday.. so not sure how long it takes... it seems like it updated and uploaded in seconds so not sure why it takes longer to delete them..

also, i have almost given up but my next step was to delete the facebook account from my fone and then re add it... hopefully it would delete everything and start over that way, but now the phone is hanging on the un install... the progress shows a complete bar, but not the words complete.. just a full bar... and i am waiting almost a half hour... the phone keeps turning off so not sure it that is affecting the update or removeal...

The next step after that if this doesnt work is to deactivate my face book account online and create a new facebook account...

7. bergovoy

ok, got it...

finally, i shut down the phone and rebooted then tried/finished removing the facebook account/service....

after that all my facebook contacts were gone...

i then ADD facebook and only the current contacts on my FB account are showing...

Im kinda disappointed in this process not being documented properly and or a warning to have people check/edit/delete the minions of gamer friends on FB..

btw and for the record, i dont like the term or the need to add 'friends' to play games and or to excel in games...

logic of 'networking' is a better game for players... but then again i think we understand that the games are not for the benefit of players but for the network...