• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Force Apps to install to SD without Root!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to perform all the steps without any problem but I still can't move existing apps to SD Card. Still the "move" button/box is disabled or greyed. I spent hours reading and waiting for JDK and Android SDK download.

I know there are apps that should stay in phone's memory but even tempwifi, k9, mobo player codec, imo.im (and more) can't be moved?

If this works like app2sd (without root) maybe you guys should download SuperBox (free) -- https://market.android.com/details?id=net.lepeng.superboxss&hl=en

>>
16. Now the phone will be set to install all apps you install onto the SD card. However, current apps on phone will mostly still be stored on the internal memory. This process doesn't move these apps for you, it adds the ability. So you must now manually move those already installed on the phone.

To do this, go to settings / applications / manage applications
Then you just click on an app, and the move to SD card box should no longer be Grey. So you must now move all the apps you want onto the SD Card.

Upvote 0
The way i did it was,

cd\
cd AndroidSDK\tools\
adb devices
adb shell
pm setInstallLocation 2

do it exactly like that including all spaces/capital letters etc to make it work.
I registered and logged in to hit the "Thanks" button. :)
Just one thing I'd like to mention: tools is now platform-tools folder. Just in case anyone doesn't find adb inside tools folder.

Upvote 0
I registered and logged in to hit the "Thanks" button. :)
Just one thing I'd like to mention: tools is now platform-tools folder. Just in case anyone doesn't find adb inside tools folder.

yeah its been mentioned a few times. However this thread has been completely replaced. Its a shame it keeps getting bumped.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones