Force Cloose Loop - HelixLauncher 2

Last Updated:

1. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah...Anybody know a simple fix?

1. I made it my default without thinking...
    2. I don't really want to do a nandroid backup but I will if there is no solution
    3. My phone won't boot to safe mode..After the long vibrate it just restarts the red eye.
    4. Tried battery pull

I will uninstall via. adb if someone can give me a the commands required to do this. I tried adb uninstall but I don't know the apk name of HelixLauncher.

Advertisement
    skrikorian likes this.
  2. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member

Dont have a fix but what phone are using Helix 2 is for the N1.

3. adamrobles

adamrobles Member

i ran into this same issue and found the file /data/app/com.helixproject.launcher.apk

I removed that, rebooted and everything came back up

4. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

The developer states HelixLauncher2 is for N1 only. Use HelixLauncher...

5. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

HelixLauncher2 depends on the N1's framework for the 3D app drawer. So you're out of luck here.

6. CarControl

CarControl Member

If you're rooted and didn't delete or rename the stock launcher you can do this.

Code (Text):
    2. adb shell
    3. su
    4. cd data/app
    5. ls
    Look for the name of the Helix launcher (should be somethinghelix.apk). If it isn't in this directory then cd to system/app and then ls to see if it is there. Then.

Code (Text):
    2. mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    3. rm "helixfilename"
    4. mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

7. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

I had this issue with Helix Launcher 1. I was able to hit the search button and I typed in Market between force closes. I was able to get into the market and uninstall Helix Launcher.

8. peskemom

peskemom Member

last night while I was travelling of all times, I had this problem. I found that if I slid open the Droid....it slowed down the force close just enough that I could use the gold key on the slideout keypad, to navigate to the market key, which, thank God, I had on the front of my droid homepage. This took me 45 min. to keep plugging away at the key punching ( tried all combinations with menu button combined with on/off switch etc,) hoping that I could break into my system and bypass the force loop. At last that did happen and I deleted helix. Hope this helps another hapless user

9. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

If your phone is FC-ing very after boot and you don't have time to complete the steps below before the phone boot-loops, you can boot to recovery and follow the steps below...since you mention nandroid I'm assuming you're rooted and using SPRecovery.

Connect your droid to your PC via usb, boot into recovery, and then you can do as CarControl says below w/out needing the "su" command (in recovery su privileges are defaulted)...so leave out the su line below.

Helixlauncher2 will be in data/app if you installed it from the market.

10. skrikorian

skrikorian Member

Thanks to the info on the forum I learned to get rid of the Helixlauncher and end the loop by using the search button and going to the market to uninstall. I had the same issue where safe mode does not work. After the long vibrate it just cycles through again in regular mode. Sucks that Helix is so glitchy because it rocks from a design and functionality standpoint. Of course functionality is moot if this FC loop problem can't be fixed.

1. I made it my default without thinking...
    2. I don't really want to do a nandroid backup but I will if there is no solution
    3. My phone won't boot to safe mode..After the long vibrate it just restarts the red eye.
    4. Tried battery pull

I will uninstall via. adb if someone can give me a the commands required to do this. I tried adb uninstall but I don't know the apk name of HelixLauncher.[/quote]