1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Force close errorsGeneral

1. wetherb67

wetherb67 Well-Known Member

Crazy stuff. I have been noticing force close errors in multiple programs, gmail, google, maps, etc. Factory reset seems to not solve it.

Last night went to bed, got up and a few minutes after waking phone up, had another FC error, and lost my google account and had to re-enter my google account.

Any ideas when factory reset does nothing? Maybe a recent update or something? Running barebones as far as apps.

Advertisement
    :
  2. wetherb67

UPDATE:

I have another Charge now that is almost brand new, and it does the same thing. I've noticed that it happens most often when coming out of sleep mode to the lockscreen.

Anybody else getting this??????
  3. kraisydave

kraisydave Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a bad app. One of your programs is doing this. Try to go one by one and until you figure out which it is.

The app itself could be the issue or it could be just the update to an app. I had similar issues with one of the older google maps updates. Once I figured out what it was I just undid the update and all was well again.

Dave
  4. wetherb67

well, the problem is it continues after i've done a factory wipe and leave it as barebones.

So i cant figure out what the deal is. Im going to try a full wipe and root to see if it helps, if not then install a custom ROM.
  5. I'm having similar problems. Frustrating as hell. Everything is crashing. Keep getting messages to relogin to Facebook. Can't get into the Play store. Keyboard crashes. Clock crashes. Is this a virus? Just started happening yesterday. I'm running stock UI, not rooted, no launcher.
  6. wetherb67

Well, I stock rooted, and still did it. So, I went back to original stock and now the freaking camera says "Camera Failed" and won't work. I'll tell ya I'm about ready to throw this thing in the trash can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. stueycaster

stueycaster Well-Known Member

go here. Follow the directions then take the 2 OTA updates.
  8. wetherb67

I don't think that's going to help. I've already totally wiped and reinstalled back to stock several times with a few different downloads with no change. I'm convinced its a hardware issue at this point.
  9. TrophyScars

TrophyScars New Member

That's way weird, cause mine is doing the same thing, and just recently....
  10. Jdawg334

Jdawg334 Member

The idea behind the link above which stueycaster posted is that doing this through Odin takes you back to the OS Froyo which is what the phone had when it first came out-then you should take the upgrades clean without installing any apps in between. If you just restore then you are just restoring to the latest FP5 build which may have contracted an error along the way during one of the 2 updates. For a purely clean install, I would connect the phone to a pc and go into the SD card, and delete every file/folder except DCIM, Music, and Media. This includes deleting the hidden files which you can see by clicking in windows explorer Organize>Folder Options>View>Show Hidden folders and drives. Doing this will delete any info an app has stored on your phone that may be causing an error while not deleting the files DCIM, Music, and Media will save pics taken by your camera and music and ringtones you may have saved. Make sure you sync everything including contacts with google before you do this.

After doing this, do this which is the same thing Stueycaster posted but with Pics. If you want to stay stock (Not rooted) then just follow the instructions for returning to stock.
  11. wetherb67

Well, I've tried everything at this point. I've installed Tweaked 3.0 and it worked fine for a few hours and then started randomly restarting and turning off. I'm going back to stock and getting rid of it.

I'm sick and tired of dealing with the Droid Charge....not wasting any more time trying to figure out why its so buggy.

This is the ONLY droid that I've ever had this many problems with.
  12. stueycaster

stueycaster Well-Known Member

When you went back to stock did you odin EP4D plus the pit file?
  13. wetherb67

I've done it both ways. Doesn't matter if it's stock or a custom ROM. I'm now at the original stock FP2 I guess you'd call it....and it still force closes different programs. Regardless of which one it is....I'm just fed up with the whole problem. As soon as I can sell it I'm changing to a different phone.

I know, Android phones do that occasionally, but the Charge has really been horrible. Whether its a combination of bad apps or what, who knows. Even when I leave it pretty much at stock, the google apps seem to error out.