Force close on launching sms pop upSupport

Last Updated:

1. akenis

akenis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just installed chomp sms and then sms pop up.

When I tried to launch the sms pop up to adjust settings...force close.

I do get pop ups though. Slick. Like Chomp also.

Advertisement
  2. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

This is an issue with the app not working with the Moment. You would need to Email the app developer and describe the problem, hopefully they will work on it.

3. akenis

akenis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Uninstall and reinstall. Seems to be ok now. Great app:

Known issues with the Samsung Moment

Issue Resolution / Comments Screen does not turn on when a message is received, later when the device is manually woken up all the popups show along with the notifications Try turning off "Dim Popup Screen" (under Additional Settings), it seems the Moment doesn't correctly support the dim screen functions from the SDK Known issues with the Motorola Droid

4. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Yes, but this does not explain the force close. That points to there being a problem with the app itself.

5. adamk

adamk Member

If an uninstall/reinstall fixed it then I'm guessing the sms popup db became corrupted for some reason (perhaps during an upgrade).

If anyone encounters force close with sms popup it would be really helpful if you could do a log dump for me right around when it force closed ...

Biggest issue is it isn't so easy to do a log dump unless you are near a computer, with a usb cable and have the SDK installed :| Not exactly the easiest process for most users <sigh>