1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

force close phone appSupport

Last Updated:

1. mzee1686

mzee1686 New Member

I recently just switched to the HTC Aria from the BB Bold and I often have to force close when I am trying to call or text someone, especially when I am trying to search for some one. Has this happened to anyone else and is there any way to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. sniper8752

sniper8752 Well-Known Member

same i get this with textPlus
  3. woodsytattooman

woodsytattooman Well-Known Member

4. sniper8752

hm, so i have to turn off prediction and word completion? that's a little disappointing. will they be fixing this in the froyo os when it comes out? i like these features!
  5. RoyHobbs

RoyHobbs Member

When I started using Handcent for texting I noticed a reduction in the amount of force closes I had.

Then I started using ShapeWriter to input text. I never have any force close issues now.
  6. sniper8752

looks like it would take longer just to draw the lines... is it easy to use? how do you learn to connect the letters/draw the lines so quickly? i think i would need to learn it like learning how to use the qwerty keyboard again! =D
  7. RoyHobbs

RoyHobbs Member

At first ShapeWriter is pretty frustrating.:eek: I was ready to dump it the first day!

But once you get used to it, it is really quick.

Short three letter words you have to be more accurate in hitting the letters.

Long words though are pretty amazing. Let's say you are trying to input "experimental". Your finger/thumb is going crazy all over the keyboard. It will make you think, "Oh it will never get this word!". And it does!