Force close while textingSupport

Last Updated:

1. carrottop

carrottop Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ugh! Yet another bug! While responding to a text I keep getting:

"The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close"

This comes up when I start to compose my text and also if I try to delete that message. Doesn't seem to happen on any other conversations that I have (only have 3 conversations)

I have Factory Reset my phone 3 TIMES already, my last reset about 12 hours ago so I don't have a lot of things running or loaded up.

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Damn dude you seem to be getting more problems with your SF than most of us. Might be the actual unit itself. Maybe consider and exchange due to a defective unit

3. carrottop

carrottop Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well, thinking of doing that exchange, however, Verizon will only let me exchange once during the 30 day period.....So, do I exchange for another Fascinate or do I jump and get the X? The X has the audible alert for text messages during a voice call in its stock messaging app which is really important to me. My work around is Handcent, but I worry about having problems with that app (maybe maybe not). Also has the LED indicator and I can text quicker on the X due to the tiny bit larger screen (small things). On the other hand, I really do like the "form" and styling of the Fascinate better than the X. I also like the home screens better on the Fascinate.

What to do...what to do...

And oh, fixed my mms force close problem. Had to go into the Menu, Applications, then Messaging. Cleared out the cache (it didn't clear out my messages which was good). That fixed the problem.

Now, the fact my voice mail alerts me intermittently is really the only bug left that is a mystery (besides the fact my Fascinate lost time last week and kept merging two contact on its own even after I readded the person). The other bugs that are known I am just dealing with for now. Again, not sure what to do. I have two weeks to decide. :D