Force close?Support

Last Updated:

1. jr1125

jr1125 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If this has been answered before can some1 link me? Ive tried searching the forums...

Ok so i d/l a Task Killer just to try it and it shows me i have all these apps opened that i thought i closed...

How do i close the apps? i.e: Settings, browser, folders, etc...

i thought pressing the Home button would auto close these apps. And when i try checking through settings.manage apps it shows things like social network, news.. and what not. Why is that even showing? I dont even use social network. I dont have FB, Myspace, nothing..

Help?

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Actually try pressing the back button immediately to the right of the home button. It won't necessarily close the application but it'll put it in a more acceptable (to the phone) inactive state.

As for the task killer, I suspect you'll ultimately find that as the task killer closes apps, Android itself will end up re-opening them. There are a lot of conflicting opinions about this but my belief is that task killers aren't needed on these phones... they may well be counter productive and eat up even more battery.

As always, your mileage may vary!

jr1125 likes this.
  3. jr1125

jr1125 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for that bit of info!

what about the social networking issue?