Force Close

Last Updated:

1. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded a game called Air Control & every once in a while it has to force close. (Only app that does that) This usually happens after not playing the game for a while. I'll wake up the phone, make a coll or do something else, open the app & then it'll force close. The force closing doesn't seem to have caused any problems with my phone but I see a lot of people uninstall programs because of force closing. Is this something I should be worried about or are people overrecating to force closing?

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

What are people on the market saying about the app? Are they having issues? If the app is FC that usually means there is something wrong. While there may be no "harm done" if something FC's all the time, I would get rid of it :)

3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

While I don't have an answer to your qusetion, I do have a comment. The text color makes your post hard to read. It is possible that some folks may just skip it. Please take this comment in the spirit that it is given. :)

4. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen people comment "FC, uninstalled" for a lot of apps. I just read the reviews & even those that said it force closes gave it 3+ stors except for 5 people. (Read reviews back to April 1st) Could be cuz I press home instead of back but I try to make sure I don't do that.

But for future reference, apps that require a FC should be uninstalled?

Is this better JB?

5. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Yes! (I highlighted it by selecting it, which made it easier for me to read) I was concerned that you might not get replies. Thanks, it's much easier on the eyes this way!

6. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

For general reference, if an app is FC on you, something is not right. If it is a core system app, then we have problems. If it is something you put on your phone, uninstall it.