Force Closes, then Soft Restarting.General

1. hashbrowngirl

hashbrowngirl New Member

I have my Galaxy Player 4.0 for a month now, but recently I've been experiencing this Force Close problem.

Few days ago I downloaded Angry Birds from the Market, in the middle of the download process a pop-up window suddenly appeared. There was a Force Close button but it can't be clicked. It all happened so fast I didn't have time to read the whole warning. But the window said something about a file or whatever crashing. After the window disappeared the screen turned black, but not fully turned on. So I removed the battery and put it back again. When I turned on my player, every setting was changed back to default! I will state here the changes that happened

> the wallpaper, the icons, the display and the sounds were returned to like when I first bought it.
    > Flight Mode and Silent Mode disappeared from the Device Options (when you press the Lock/Unlock button, only the Power Button appears)
    > I can't lock my player. I tried to set a password but every time I do nothing happens.

I didn't know what to do at first, so I made a research and found a solution; hard reset the player. It was so hard for me because I had a lot of files and apps already. When I did that things went back to normal

But today, it happened again. While my friends were watching a video on my player, they said they saw a window and my player sort-of "crashed". I don't know why it happened again. :(

Any ideas? I don't know what to do anymore. I can't let it happen again on my player. I tried researching but I couldn't find anything. Please help me.

I'm using Froyo, firmware version 2.2.2, if that would help.

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. blackdog709

blackdog709 Well-Known Member

Have never seen this issue. However, your SGP should be on Gingerbread 3.5.0, not Frozen Yogurt.
  3. marcelf

marcelf Well-Known Member

UK models are running 2.2, I have checked samsungs website and plugged in the player via kies, and there is no update in the UK :(. If you have 2.3, can yours tether to a phone?

I started to get some crashes yesterday after fitting a 32GB samsung micro SD card. I could not format it in the player, so just loaded it with videos, but it might have played up as I only left 32mb of space on it!!

marcel
  4. En4cer2k11

En4cer2k11 Well-Known Member

My Galaxy Player couldn't format my 16 GB micro sd card (which I had previously used with my PSP inside a micro-sd-to-mspd adaptor) either and I have an American model, so it may just be a limitation if the device itself. But I just used my sd card adaptor and plugged it into my computer to format it that way.