Force gallery to load new photos?

Last Updated:

1. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As the title states...

Is there any way to force the Gallery app to load new photos? Half the time I take new pictures with the camera, I cannot view them in the Gallery for sometimes a day or two..even after a reboot.:confused:

Is there any fix to this very annoying problem?:(

Advertisement
  2. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

3. bemenaker

bemenaker Well-Known Member

On stock 2.1 I noticed this happening too. When I deleted photos from my camera gallery new ones would show up 1 at a time. 1 for everyone I deleted. Thought I was hitting a picture limit.

4. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

I was having a HORRIBLE time with this issue. To fix it, I moved all of the contents of my SD Card to my PC. I unmounted the SD card and formatted it, then remounted it. I transferred the files from my PC back to the SD Card. In my case this worked, and the gallery is blazing along fast recognizing media changes instantly. Don't know if this helped, but before I did any of the above I also cleared the gallery data under settings>applications>managae applications>all>gallery. Hope this helps!

5. Tymanthius

Tymanthius Well-Known Member

I want the opposite: I don't want all my album art to show up in the gallery. any ideas there?

6. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

From what I understand u place a .nomedia file in the folder that u dont want to show up in the gallery.

7. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

Correct and to be more specific, it needs to be a blank .txt file. (Create in note pad on your computer and transfer, or there are some free notepad-like apps on the market). It should be named nomedia.txt (not nomedia.txt.txt).

othgar likes this.
  8. bemenaker

bemenaker Well-Known Member

Without wiping the SD card, I just cleared my gallery data and let open to gallery, let it rebuild itself. Took a test photo and it showed up in my gallery right away. No need to do sdrescan.

9. Thrawn

Thrawn Well-Known Member

Thank you much. Can finally get the album art and cached images out of my gallery. Now my question is why apps don't do this by default? Like, I have some cached JuicePlotter graphs in my gallery.

10. Inno

Inno Well-Known Member

OK, possible dumb question:

I have a folder of pics for my contacts, can I put a .nomedia file in that, and it won't show up when I go to the gallery, but can still be used to attach to the contacts? Would I need to apply them to each contact BEFORE putting the nomedia file in, if that's possible, or would the picker still "see" them even though the gallery doesn't?

11. othgar

othgar Well-Known Member

I did this and the pictures still showed up in the gallery. The .txt file is supposed to be in the same folder as the pictures, correct?