Force GPS to stay on

1. otacon239

otacon239 Well-Known Member

I recently downloaded a custom rom and the problem is that they added the on/off bar at the top of my notifications. I had my phone set up with a GPS tracker so that if someone stole it, I could follow their path. I understand that Prey will track as well, but not with all the same options like cell tower to save battery. it's there any way to prevent someone from turning off the GPS even with that bar at the top? I don't want to change any other security settings because I have them all there for a reason. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Advertisement
    :
  2. SulkyAndroid17

SulkyAndroid17 Well-Known Member

That on/off bar should be just like any other app. Find the .apk file under /system/app folder and remove it.

What's to stop someone from just opening settings and then turning it off?
  3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

If it's anything like the CyanogenMod ROMs you can change which toggles show up on the bar, and remove GPS if you want. But like SulkyAndroid17 said, what's to stop a thief from opening the settings dialog and disabling GPS from there?

I don't think there's any way you can prevent someone from disabling GPS without requiring an unlock code. Alternatively, you could use Tasker (or something like it) to re-enable GPS immediately if it's ever disabled.
  4. otacon239

otacon239 Well-Known Member

I have an app lock. that way, they won't just turn off the phone. They'll keep making phone calls I'm tracking them down.
  5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I would suggest to look for this setting because typically all or most custom ROMs have this option to choose what toggles you want.